We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop-over in LAX - Twinkie bars?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
665 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Stop-over in LAX - Twinkie bars?

In November, we have stop over in LAX for a day. We are going to hire a car and have been there five times, what's good to see around LAX?

Is Fox hills shopping centre and Manhattan Beach a good place to visit?

We were there two years ago when Hostess went bust and there were no Twinkie bars.

We were a crying with Abdul, the shop attendant, at 7-11 as there were no Twinkie Bars.

Are there an Twinkie Bars available?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,722 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop-over in LAX - Twinkie bars?

I believe Twinkies made a comeback last summer.

Yes if you were interesting in shopping close to LAX, Fox Hills is near. There is also Plaza El Segundo just south of LAX on the way to Manhattan Beach where there is a Mall plus many boutique stores and restaurants in the downtown area by the Pier and beach.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
665 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop-over in LAX - Twinkie bars?

Thank you very much.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,535 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop-over in LAX - Twinkie bars?

Note: the Fox Hills Mall changed its name 8 years ago to the Westfield Culver City Mall, Many locals (and travel guides and online mapping programs) still refer to the mall by its former name but you'll only find the new name on signs in and around the mall.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
665 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stop-over in LAX - Twinkie bars?

Thanks for the reply.

As for beach towns what is best last time we stayed in Venice and we where not very impressed as it seamed to have deteriorated from our last visit 15 years before.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stop-over in LAX - Twinkie bars?

Manhattan Beach is a really lovely beach town to visit or stay. It has this charming small beach town vibe with plenty of restaurants & boutique shops. Completely different vibe to Venice which I agree has seemed to deteriorated from the first time I visited many years ago. I think shopping at Westfield Culver City for a few hours then walking around & having dinner at Manhattan Beach would be a great way to spend a stopover. That's what we did & it was so good to walk around & smell sea air after such a ling flight.

ps Happy 4th of July to all you US TA posters!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
665 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stop-over in LAX - Twinkie bars?

Thanks coco Brisbane .

I have good memory's of Venice .

18 months ago we were told there is a curfew on the beach.

7. Re: Stop-over in LAX - Twinkie bars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:16