We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

I have done the City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus in London which was fantastic.

Is it just as worth it in LA?

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
6,825 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

What is your criteria for evaluating it? I think the answers depends upon each traveller and their circumstances. Tell us more about your temperament and situation.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

Evaluation for accessability, running on timer, site seeing, value of service etc.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,439 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

Most of the regular contributors on this forum are locals. As you might imagine, we don't use tours, so our ability to assess for you is limited. Thanks to TripAdvisor and the internet, everything is now reviewed, so I recommend you look for reviews by using the Things to Do tab at the top of this page. Under that tab, you'll find lots of attractions and reviews by our visitors; that way, you can judge for yourself. In this case, I've done it for you:

http://tinyurl.com/px3ln64

Even easier, I just Googled "Starline HOHO bus tour reviews LA" to find the above.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

Thank-you, read about Starline HOHO Bus Tour- sounds terrible. Might hirer a car aswell just seeking all options for now.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

Starline & City Sightseeing are one and the same company.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
6,825 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

Reading the reviews, these tours appears to be very hit or miss. If you get a good guide, it is worthwhile. The tour buses are certainly ubiquitous now. I see them everywhere now.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

We have bought tickets for HoHo bus but only for onw day and only doing the red route around hollywood and beverly hills. We did it as didnt fancy driving and was good for us with kids. We are making are own way to santa monica amd downtown on seperate days

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,439 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

The HOHO buses are great for getting around the different areas of the city, but I always recommend a guide book as well. I really enjoy researching my travel destinations and having done a tour or two, can say lots of the patter the guides spew is not factual anyway! I'm forever whispering to my husband ("that isn't really correct") or showing him the correct info in the guidebook I have along with me. So, use them for transportation, but learn about your destinations on your own. You spent the money, make the best of your trip by doing some reading.

There are tons of tours listed under Things to Do, you just have to look for them. I hope you do.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g32655-Activitie…

9. Re: City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus- worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:17