We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Century city to Disneyland

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
976 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Century city to Disneyland

We are staying in Beverly hills for 2 nights in september. We are planning on doing the hoho bus for the first day down to Santa Monica and the second day to Hollywood blvd and then to downtown LA. I was in LA 4 years ago so am happy to have a quick look around but I am travelling with my sister who has never been before and we have now decided to revisit Disneyland given she has never been. I was thinking it might be easier to catch the Amtrak from Union station to Disneyland as we will be downtown but am not sure the best option to get back again. We are 4 adults and I am thinking it might be easier to book a transfer back to the hotel rather than attempt to catch a train late at night and then a taxi to hotel. Does this sound like the best way to go or can someone suggest a cheaper, easier alternative....We do not want to drive as we do things on the other side of the road here in Aus....thanks

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,626 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Century city to Disneyland

What hotel? Most hotels have Disneyland day packages.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,045 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Century city to Disneyland

Good point by Elle; perhaps you should contact the hotel first. But yes, I like your plan of taking Amtrak to and a hire car back. With 4 of you, the cost can be split so it's more affordable. You might also consider spending the night in Anaheim so you get the full experience, from the time the park opens.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 16:43
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Century city to Disneyland

> We do not want to drive as we do things on the other side of the road here in Aus

That's not a problem for most people. I wish the myth that it is a problem could be exterminated for ever, but sadly it persists.

However, what can be a problem is driving in heavy fast moving traffic on multi-lane freeways, and needing to change lanes for navigational reasons in a relatively short distance. But if you're ok doing that in Australia then you'll be equally ok doing it in the USA. If not, then you can take normal roads instead of freeways through cities, but they'll be much slower. Outside of big cities driving in the USA is generally very easy.

Having a car opens up so many wonderful possibilities in the USA, such as being able to visit the magnificent national parks. It's such a shame to shut off those options because of a myth.

All this is just my opinion of course.

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
976 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Century city to Disneyland

Thanks for the advise but it doesn't answer my question. To the other two posters thankyou I will contact the hotel...good idea

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,672 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Century city to Disneyland

You might try Starline Tours, they offer a transport only, and it appears they also do so from the area you are staying at. Keep in mind though, thats going to allow you shorter hours within the Park. Lux Bus also usually has Tours, but I dont know if they do them from the area you are staying at, they allow a little longer inside the Park.

www.starlinetours.com/los-angeles-tours.asp

Something like Zippy Shuttle, Karmel Shuttle, Super Shuttle, ect would alll offer private door to door transport along with thier regular Shuttle service if you contact them directly. Thats likely to be around $150 one way. Beverly Hills is not the most convenient area for really any of the things you want to do. Its almost a 2 hour drive, and longer if you took public transport. You may want to consider just staying overnight somewhere inexpensive across the street from Disneyland and not check out of your other accomodations, and return the next day to Beverly Hills.

What day were you planning on visiting Disneyland in Sept? There are different hours ect which we can likely predict pretty closly what those might be, and tell you what may be going on during that time.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,626 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Century city to Disneyland

Every hotel I have been to this summer has a stand with brochures on day trips, excursions, tours. Many are for Disneyland. True, less hours in the park, but probably plenty and a full day -- without the hassle of driving (these brochures advertise the ride + entrance to the park in their rate)

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
976 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Century city to Disneyland

i emailed Zippy shuttle as we used them last time we were there but they want $140 one way. Starline offer a return bus trip for $50 but we only want one way so i have emailed them and the hotel to see what they come up with. My husband and I did disney a few years ago and my sister and her husband arent into rides, we are going for them to experience the disneyland that we grew up with.. I think 6-7 hours should be fine although we are going on the weekend of the 13th/14th which is the opening of Halloween. I have read some people say Saturday night is less busy than Sunday night but would my assumption that most people would be going home early on Sunday to get ready for work/school might be right?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,672 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Century city to Disneyland

Not likely to make much difference as far as crowds go if you are visiting on the opening weekend of Halloweentime, its a popular time to visit to see the new decor. Friday Sept 12th though would likey offer the most crowds since its Dapper Dan day as well as the starting day of Halloweentime. Weekend are busy because there are also lots of locals that visit, and they dont have to travel to return home on a Sunday.

Fireworks and Fantasmic shows as well as the World of Color show would all be starting usually around 9pm if you want to see those, you would need to stay later. Hours for the weekend are likey to be 8am till 12pm.

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
976 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Century city to Disneyland

thanks thats good to know. I will stick with Sunday as it works in with our plans. We will only be doing disneyland and hope to stay for the fireworks at 9.30pm and then get the Starline bus back at 10pm if they allow us to do a one way trip only....hopefully it will all work out wtihout being too expensive....I have seen the world of color but what is the fantasmic show?

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
976 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Century city to Disneyland

Also can you please give me an indication as to how long the fireworks go for? thanks