We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

Alright I took some of the feedback from my previous itinerary and have revamped it. We are arriving Sunday October 12th at John Wayne Air Port from Saskatoon via Denver International, returning Sunday October 19th via LAX the same way. This is a honeymoon trip, we are coming the day after our wedding.

Looking feedback/suggestions on anything and everything, but the areas I am specifically looking for help on I have marked with a ?... and there are a lot of them.

Sunday - Oct 12th - Orange County

One night at Ayres Inn Orange ?

Arrive SNA 8 PM

Rent car

Evening - Chapter One - drink/eats

Monday - Oct 13th - OC to DLR

Morning - Outlets at Orange

Two nights at Disneyland Resort (booked)

Afternoon - Spa ? (Montanya vs. Gregoire vs. Disney)

Evening - Downtown Disney

Tuesday - Oct 14th

Disneyland (regular admission and MHP)

Wednesday - Oct 15th - DL to Santa Barbara

One night at Hyatt Santa Barbara ?

Afternoon - Back country wine tour ? (Cloud climbers vs. Backroads Hummer)

Romantic Dinner @ ? (Toma)

Evening drinks @ ? (The Hungry Cat, Finch and Fork)

Thursday - Oct 16th - SB to Santa Monica

Three nights at The Georgian (booked)

Morning/Afteroon - Camarillo Outlets

Evening - Supper @ hotel

- Kings Game, car service

Friday - Oct 17th - SM to Hollywood

Morning/Afternoon - Walk of fame

- WB Tour

- Griffith Observatory

Evening - Self guided SM pub tour

Saturday - Oct 18th

Morning - Rent bikes, bike path stopping at Venice Beach

- Golds Gym/Muscle Beach

Afternoon - Santa Monica Pier

Evening - Romantic dinner @ ?

- Venue with live music afterwards (anything outside Country or Death Metal :)

Sunday - Oct 19th - SM to LAX

Breakfeast/Check out

Flight departs 2 PM, leave for LAX by 10 AM?

Return car

For Saturday the 18th I would like to take my fiance to a salon and get her pampered for part of the afternoon before we head out for supper. Get the 'star' treatment if that means anything.. or is real? Hair, make up all that done up nice.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 02:42
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

I apologize for the poor editing, not sure how to fix the spacing?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

Do I smell funny? :D

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,680 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

No, I think you smell just fine; I guess we are all busy getting ready for work (or driving there!).

First, I like your itinerary! If you want feedback on the Anaheim portion, perhaps run it by them on the Anaheim forum.

Tell me about the self-guided pub tour in Santa Monica!

I can't help you with nightlife, butt others will.

Burke Williams is a well-received spa in Santa Monica. Another that looks great is at Shutters on the beach.

Romantic dinner? I've always wanted to go to Melisse.

Puget Sound...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

I think no one is replying because your itinerary looks good/well researched. Asfar as specific restaurants and nightclubs go, it might be best to ask that question independently. (I'm not a foodie or a nightclub person so can't help you.)

One small quibble is that you'll be backtracking significantly to get to the Camarillo outlets from SM...might want to work those in on the way down from SB.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

Sorry it must not be clear but that is the plan, from SB to SM we will stop at Camarillo Outlets and spend the day shopping, arriving at the hotel hopefully around supper time.

The walking pub tour will basically be me walking into bar after bar until I literally walk into the bar, then its bed time. Library, Fathers Office and Bodega are three I've had suggested to me by a former UCLA student, but I am open to suggestions on other hidden gems :) Specifically somewhere that brews their beer in house..

I do have a specific question, for the Friday I want to do:

*405 to Mulholland

*Hollywood (walk of fame, chinese theatre)

*WB Tour

*Los Angeles Zoo

*Griffith Park Observatory by sunset

From a previous answer by HopSkipJump I get why it is better to do the Mulholland drive during the day vs night. My question, do you think this is an ambitious timeline for one day?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,758 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

For the SAnta Monica portion:

It won't take all afternoon to see the Pier, maybe 20 minutes or so, depending how much you enjoy kiddie rides and arcades and loads of tourists. You'll take more time exploring the SM Place Mall and Promenade and Main Street and Montana Avenue

For the spa/salon - Montana Avenue is literally one hair salon after another, the blow dry bar is everywhere. Main Street also has these, and manicure/pedicure salons are also everywhere.

Father's Office and Bodega and Library Alehouse are very far apart - you can't walk from any of these to any of the others. Hang out at Father's Office while she's getting her hair done. The cluster of bars are all surrounding the Promenade (not on it, locals don't hang out at any on the Promenade) - from King's Head to Copa de Oro (great happy hour), to rooftop Shangrila, to the hot spot Bungalow at the Fairmont, to Ma'Kai and more (and more). These can be walked from one to the other. Main Street is also a parade of bar/pub-hoppers. Where are you staying?

For music, there's Harvell's, although live music isn't always found in Santa Monica. Casa del Mar Hotel always has a great live jazz band or indie acoustic band.

There are no in-house breweries in Santa Monica.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

Great suggestions, thanks. We are staying at The Georgian for all three nights. I don't know how much time we will spend in Pacific Park, but I think specifically she wanted to do the ferris wheel to check out the view.. I was hoping to do this during a less busy time but it might have to fall on the Saturday.

I will definitely look into all the establishments you mentioned, thanks.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,680 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

I knew Elle would have a good list for you! I like your version of a pub crawl, and it can be done along Main St. Have a great time!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

oh my gosh...i'm exhausted just looking at your details. hope you have fun...especially on my honeymoon, i'd prefer to have more spare time to do "spur of the moment" activities depending how "we" felt that day.

Ireland
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LA area honeymoon itinerary 2.0

I agree with the last poster

People always overload their itineries with 'must see this' and 'must see that'

Your on your honeymoon, why don't you clear one full day and night in the middle and just wake up that day and decide to spend the time together, if that means staying in bed all dayy and ordering room service and a bottle or two of champange to the room then do it !

All the running around and searching for plaves and being on a schedule is quite stressful

relax, see what you can see and enjoy it