We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 months Stay West Hollywood

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UAE
8 posts
Save Topic
3 months Stay West Hollywood

Hello!

A friend and I are looking to come to LA for 3 months. We are trying to find a place to rent preferably 2 bedroom in the West Hollywood area. I'd say our budget would be about $2000-$2200 ish. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on where to look for short term rentals? We are coming from London and Dubai so will be very new to the area!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,299 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

Westside Rentals is a good place to start:

http://www.westsiderentals.com/

You might also check vrbo.com for vacation rentals, check the calendar of the home you like and if it hasn't yet been booked during your time, contact the owner to see if they are willing to rent for a longer term. I've heard people do that, and they request a bit of a discount, which the owner should be willing to do because of the guaranteed rental for 3 solid months as opposed to weekends at a time.

Look into extended stay hotels; they have kitchens.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=extended+stay+los+angeles

Finally, and I mean really finally, you can check Craigs List; perhaps someone is renting two rooms in their home that you both could rent.

Be aware that apartments are not cheap and they are in high demand by locals. Also be careful of the neighborhood you choose. For the neighborhood bit, check this to learn more about the general safety of an area:

http://maps.latimes.com/crime/

Edited: 07 August 2014, 16:01
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,231 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

Is that your budget per month or for the whole stay?

UAE
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

Per month for rent. Is that enough?

UAE
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

thanks for that information!! I will definitely check those out :)

Ahh actually I have been scammed using craigslist before so am a little wary of it now :/

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,299 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

$2000 is a good price for a 2 bedroom. You might find some less, but they tend to be tired looking with old light fixtures, and no modern upgrades. Good luck!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,374 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

Look at Oakwood.com and enter the zip (postal) code 90069 in the top box in the area at the right side of the page. Select a 'search within' area of 3 miles. Oakwood.com specializes in temporary housing for corporations that are transferring execs into a new metro area. They don't have properties in West Hollywood (my home!) but they have several close by. Many of their apartments are furnished ones within standard apartment buildings (in which others live permanently). You'll have to request a price for these accommodations and don't be afraid to haggle with them.

Good luck!

BTW, the apartments at:

6200 West Third

and

348 S Hauser Bl

are adjacent to the Grove and Farmers Market -- a convenient place to be, especially if you won't have a car (or don't want to drive it all the time). Lots of shopping and dining nearby and good public transit. This area is on the southern edge of West Hollywood and is a favorite neighborhood of mine.

5600 Wilshire and 5550 Wilshire Bl are brand new complexes in the Miracle Mile area of L.A. (south of Hollywood).

UAE
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

Thanks so much for that information! I will definitely check Oakwood out. Is that close to the west hollywood area ? Im guessing Weho is pretty fun? Everyone who I have spoken to has suggested that area so thats why i am trying to stick to looking there.

We may have to rent a car im not sure how I will survive without one to be honest. Still good to know about the two addresses you have mentioned though so i will take a look. Thank you :)

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,374 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

The grove/ farmers market are just south of west hollywood -- 6 or 7 minutes drive or taxi to the Sunset Strip (a popular nightlife area in West Hollywood). The Wilshire Bl properties are about an 8 minute ride from central Hollywood -- another popular nightlife (and daytime tourist area).

Central hollywood and the sunset strip in west hollywood are about 10 minutes apart by taxi/car. There is also bus srvice in these areas.

There are lots and lots of dining options in and around the grove.

Will you have a car?

UAE
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

IThanks for the info!

im not sure at the moment. We may get a car depending on if we get a good deal or not but lets say for now, no we wont have one...

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,374 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 months Stay West Hollywood

It helps if you can tell us how (and where) you plan to spend your time. I would not recommend staying on or near the Sunset strip for 3 months without a car. The neighborhood is a nightlife area -- 4-star hotels, some upmarket boytique dhops, 'better' dining, bars, lounges and world-famous live music venues.

There are no tourist attractions there and bus service is limited (there are no trains). Without a car, You should consider staying south of the Sunset Steip (but still in West Hollywood). Look for properties near Santa Monica Bl which is 'down the (steep) hill' from the Sunset Strip. Much better public transit there and more inexpensive dining.

Hollywood and Beverly Grove (where the Grove is) are also good options without a car. It's a -0 minute taxi ride (at most) between theze areas.