We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting From Los Angeles International to Hollywood

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Getting From Los Angeles International to Hollywood

Hi everybody,

I wanted to know if anybody could advise me of the best method of transport to get my partner and I from Los Angeles International Airport into Hollywood (our hotel is just off Hollywood Boulevard). What options do we have and which option is going to cost least?

Thank you in advance.

Scott

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,312 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting From Los Angeles International to Hollywood

Best option is a taxi - about $55. Cheapest option is the Flyaway Bus then transfer to the Metro, takes about twice as long as a taxi, maybe longer. Shuttles are an option, they charge per person but can take hours to drop you off if you're the last one to be dropped off.

Look at our FAQs at the top of the LA forums with detailed instructions - the FAQ is Arrivals at LAX and Transportation.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting From Los Angeles International to Hollywood

Least cost is the Flyaway Bus to Union Station in Downtown LA then subway to Hollywood, but that is a pain with luggage.

For the extra cost of a taxi vs a shared shuttle service, I'd take the cab.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting From Los Angeles International to Hollywood

The current FlyAway bus to Union Station plus subway is about $10 per person.

Starting September 3rd there will be a new FlyAway bus straight from LAX to Hollywood Blvd. and Vine St. This would be near the "W" hotel and the Redburry, but about a mile away from most other Hollywood hotels near Hollywood blvd. and Highland Ave., though you could take the Metro one stop from Hollywood / Vine to Hollywood / Highland so total cost about the same as the FlyAway to Union Station and then the Metro, but should be a bit faster.

Shuttle is about $16 per person but these can circle the airport to try and fill the van before they leave the airport, and then can detour to pick up or drop off other passengers before they drop you off.

Taxi about $55 as stated - likely the quickest when all is said and done but a bit more money.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting From Los Angeles International to Hollywood

Thank you everybody for your kind advice! It is certainly food for thought.

Thank you again...

5. Re: Getting From Los Angeles International to Hollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:17