We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Esperance, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

Hi everyone,

Next year my mum, brother, son and I are going to the US. I am wanting to know any reasonably priced hotels that are family-friendly, not too expensive (pref. under 150 a night if possible), and close to attractions. Any recommendations?

I have been looking online but there are sooo many, and I don't know what the areas are like :/

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,028 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

Next year when? $150/night is extremely low for LA. What will you do when in LA? Attractions are spread out, so will you have a car?

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

Are you looking for just one room for four persons? At $150 per room?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=Where+to+Stay&scope=2&ff=61&geo=32655&returnTo=__2F__ShowTopic__2D__g32655__2D__i61__2D__k7727989__2D__Los__5F__Angeles__5F__Hollywood__5F__Accommodation__2D__Los__5F__Angeles__5F__California__2E__html

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g32655-d8450…

This is our favourite hotel in LA. and close to your price range, Stayed there with daughter in June and son and wife and three children will be staying there in September. Location is unbeatable. Right behind Kodak Theatre, Hollywood and Highland and the Metro station. Easy access to most LA attractions like Universal Studios, Rodeo, Beverley Hills.

The staff at the reception were very accommodating and provided us with very good tourist info and great directions and maps for catching metro and buses.Room had fridge microwave and wifi and included a basic breakfast.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 00:42
Esperance, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

Next year in June. And I am not sure what the average price range is for accommodation in LA hence why I said if possible :)

Wanting to see:

Walk of Fame

Rodeo Drive

Muscle Beach (?) is that Venice Beach lol?

Madame Tussauds

TCL Chinese Theatre

Any other recommendations on things to see/do?

Thanks for the link HaroldnMaude, will check it out.

Thanks Hugo64, will have a look now :)

Esperance, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

And yes EllaBeinLA will most likely have a car :)

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
6,934 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

How old is your son?

Yes, $150 is pretty much the bottom for LA.

Have you read the reviews for the Walk of Fame? Should take you an hour or less. You've been warned.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32655-d10…

Beverly Hills takes maybe an hour or two.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Read the reviews for Venice Beach's Boardwalk. Lots of druggie disorder now.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32655-d14…

Madame Tussauds is a museum of wax statues of famous people. If you care for that kind of thing, I hear it is pretty good.

The Chinese Theater is a great place to see a blockbuster on the historic screen. Check out the Egyptian Theater a block down the street.

Your itinerary is pretty dated. Take a look at the list of Things to See & Do. It is very large. I'd suggest you see the Getty Center (lunch on the patio), Griffith Observatory (just before dusk is best), Grammy Museum at LA Live, Farmer's Market.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g32655-Activitie…

Yes, you will need a car.

HTH

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

Kind of irrelevant if the OP has a car but really public transport is pretty good in LA.

With instructions from the hotel we spent the morning at the Getty Centre (and had lunch on the Terrace) Another lunch at the Farmers Market/Shopping Mall and also took the bus to Santa Monica.

May take a little longer but it`s relaxing to watch the scenery and let someone else drive.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
6,934 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

It is hugely relevant if the OP gets a car or not. Yes, public transit is pretty good in LA. But, a visitor needs to be clear-headed about this major decision. They need to have a solid itinerary before figuring this out. For some, it is a completely reasonable option. For others, it is hugely impractical. So some caution is in order.

Puget Sound...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

With a car, I might consider the Best Western Media Center in Burbank. Walking distance to Warner Bros.; convenient to freeways for everything else.

Seattle
Level Contributor
307 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Angeles/Hollywood Accommodation.

My family just returned from Hollywood and we stayed at the Hollywood Orchid Suites, which is literally just 3 minutes from the Hollywood Walk-of-Fame stars and the Chinese theatre. Everyone in my family loved staying at this hotel, as it is a converted apartment building which has really large rooms. The pool was great for my kids, and they have underground parking for $10/day (reasonable for the area). There's a convenient "tunnel" which you can walk through from the hotel to enter the large outdoor mall that is next to the Chinese Theatre (where the movie stars watch their premiere movies). Lots of great restaurants in the area, and you can even get a Ghirardelli Chocolate Sundae at the Disney fountain shop across the street.