So next June (2015) me and around 20 friends are going to Las Vegas for 4 nights, staying at the MGM Grand. Saturday 6th June to Wednesday 10th June. Considering the cost of the flights me and one other friend have decided to stay out for an extra week, flying out of JFK on Wednesday 17th June.
A bit of background on us, I'm 29 and my mate is 27. We are more bar/club/party sort of people, but like a bit of culture and good food too. We are open to all suggestions, but were planning on 4 nights in California, before flying to New York on Sunday 14th June. We wont be hiring a car, and our budget will be roughly $100-$150 per person for a room per night (So between $200-£300 per night). We want to do a little bit of the touristy stuff in LA, but a bit of beach action wouldn't go amiss too.
So my main questions are:-
- Is there anywhere worth visiting for a night or 2 between Vegas & LA? Possibly more on the relaxing?
- Any specific hotels that come recommended in our price range, max $300 per night? (Initial thoughts are staying in West Hollywood)
- Is 4 nights in LA & 3 nights in NY the best way to split it?
- What bars/clubs should we visit? (We are not really ones for VIP Guestlist/Bottle service etc).....we like to keep it real! :)
- When is best to book our internal flight, and who is usually cheapest? (Found one currently for about £180 on Skyscanner with United).