We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA Lakers

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
LA Lakers

Hi all,

I have been waiting for LA Lakers single tickets to come on sale and it seems that they are only available through resale (when I went on ticketmaster today they said they were unavailable :( ). We are travelling from Australia in December and are trying to get tickets to the Oklahoma City game at the Staples Centre on Dec 19. We are looking at spending about $500 a ticket for four tickets. My question is sites like ticket exchange and stubhub do they drop their prices closer to the game? Am I better buying tickets now or later? Will this game sell out??

Also how is it sitting in the back sections of the Staples Centre?

Thanks for your help :)

Vicki

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
976 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LA Lakers

Hi there

Stubhub is your best bet. I've never been able to get tix through ticketmaster. Stubhub is reliable and we've never had any problems with them and we've been going to Lakers games for years. Sorry can't comment on seats that far back but there are websites that will show you what your seat view might look like. Unfortunately Lakers tix are sooo expensive. We found going to other city for games like Miami to be less exy.

Good luck and enjoy! Hope you get to see Kobe! Hopefully the Lakers will be a bit better this season they acquired a couple of good players but sad to see Pau go.

Cheers Coco

California
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LA Lakers

Lakers are scheduled to play OKC for the first time in the season so it is a hot ticket to see KD+gang playing against Kobe and the Lakers.

Clippers vs.Pacers on Dec 17 might be an easier ticket to get because the Pacers' competitiveness since Paul George's injury has yet to be determined.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: LA Lakers

Thanks everyone. So do you think I should buy tickets now or wait?? Do they go cheaper?? I just cant bear the thought of paying $2000 for a basketball game!!!!! but it will no doubt be a one off :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,815 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LA Lakers

There is not a snowball's chance in a hot place that I'd ever pay much above face value for a regular season game, especially one in December.

Right now on StubHub you can get good Loge seats for under $300 each and on StubHub you get a 3D rendering of how the view looks.

To being in the gods you are paying around $80, but still probably worth it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: LA Lakers

Thanks Scott. How do I find out what the face value of tickets are? That's why I was trying to get tickets on ticketmaster.... I was checking every day and today was the first day they had not said 'not on sale' but nothing at all was available. Is the whole place sold out to season ticket holders??

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,815 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LA Lakers

The Lakers haven't released the data on individual tickets yet, but if they are following the trend of other local teams they will have different prices depending on the opponent.

The seats in the gods at $80 are an okay value, even the ones lower at $280 are still a pretty good value.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: LA Lakers

Hey Victoria,

Little bit late but hopefully can help.

We just brought tickets as a group of 12 guys from QLD going over for a preseason game on the way through to Vegas. We went through stub hub and they have been amazing with regards to their service offered. We selected pick up tickets at the LA live stubhub booth.

our understanding is that the higher demand tickets level 1 / 2 / premier tickets are all sold as season tickets. it is generally just the level 3 and above tickets that go on sale general admin.

Stubhub is a site where season ticket holders can declare they wont attend certain games and then look to sell their tickets for that particular game.

FOr us as it was a one off we were happy to pay for the experience and have booked premier 5 tickets at about $200AUD each. we could have brought nose bleed seats for $25 bucks each but figured the experience was worth it.

Other experiences with stubhub and ticket trading sites are that as games get closer u can get reduced price ticets - however its a gamble you have to be willing to take on missing the tickets completely if you wait for them to drop in price.

Hope some of that is helpful!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LA Lakers

StubHub is your best/safest bet for tickets to Lakers games. Pricing will not vary by games. Prices are set by section. 300's being the cheapest and 100's being the most expensive. Season seats are scattered throughout the arena regardless of section and usually number about 12-14,000 of the ~18,000 seats available. Several thousand seats including suites and the PR section are taken up by corporate entities and Staples VIP seat holders. That leaves anywhere from 2,000-4,000 seats for individual ticket sale on Tickemaster. They sell out in about 10 minutes even after a terrible season. So, StubHub option #1 then a secondary market maker like Barry's Tickets which has a pickup location next to the arena. Pricing can fluctuate dramatically once the season starts and we see how the Lakers are doing in the standings plus the number of injuries and if Kobe will be playing on not. I fully expect the Lakers will have a tough season next year and you can get tickets (StubHub/Barry's or the like) to the game at a much cheaper price if you wait up until a few days before the game. Sometimes even waiting until game day is your best bet.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: LA Lakers

I'll be in LA for a week next year and while i'm there the Lakers have two games against the Nets on Fri Feb 20 and the Celtics on Sun Feb 22. I might be showing my age here but are Lakers v Celtics games still a huge draw card like they were many years ago given their rivalry back then?

I plan on going to both games and will purchase tickets on one of the sites like stubhub, seatgeek, tickpick etc but was just wondering if i should go ahead now and buy my ticket for the Celtics game just in case there's a big demand for them and risk missing out by waiting closer to the date.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LA Lakers

If it were me, I would wait until closer to your trip to pick up tickets. Season ticket holders like myself have barely started to put our tickets onto the open market and I suspect there will be lots more inventory online for games like the Celts/Nets in the next month or so. This year the renewal rate for season tickets was the lowest in 10 years at around 90%. This means the new season ticket holders have likely not put up their tickets on StubHub yet as well. I just received my account info a few weeks back.

The rivalry is pretty much dead. Games that will draw the most interest are opening night, all games vs. the Clippers and those against the Bulls, Spurs, Mavs, Thunder, Warriors, Cavaliers to name a few.

Food for thought, if the Lakers are having as terrible a season this year as they did last year by the time January rolls around then you can fully expect that you will be able to get some tickets under face value on StubHub the week of the game. Many season ticket holders struggled to sell their tickets after January since the team was performing so poorly.