We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying or hiring a stroller

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
338 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Buying or hiring a stroller

Due to a family tragedy we are now bringing my daughter and grand-daughter on our tip to the US in Oct. My grand-daughter will be just on 9 months old and will need a stroller for the 8 days they are with us.

Is it possible to hire one when we get to LA or should we buy a cheap one when we arrive ? Where would be the best place to get one ? We are staying at Hollywood Orchid Suites and won't have a car.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,053 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying or hiring a stroller

Hi again MrsMac. Sorry to hear about the circumstances of your upcoming visit but congrats on the grandbaby!

What do you plan to do with transportation once you get here? What do you do for car restrain at home - which brand and model does she have and does it have a stroller system? May be the easiest to bring the system if it is not that difficult. Even if she is a lap baby, you should be able to gate check all of that.

Otherwise, you CAN buy one once you get here but your options may be limited if you don't have a car. Off the top of my head, you may have to go to the Target on La Brea and selection and stock may not have a "cheap" stroller for a 9 month old.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying or hiring a stroller

Yes, be sure to consider the child safety seat issue if you are going to be driving or using taxis. By law in California children that small must ride in a child safety seat.

Your best bet for either child safety seat or a stroller would probably be Target or Toys-R-Us / Babies-R-Us - Target has a store on Century blvd. a few miles east of LAX. They also have a store in the Fox Hills Mall a couple miles to the north of LAX, and Babies/Toys-R-Us has stores perhaps a mile further to the north.

I am not aware of any specific companies that rent (hire) strollers or car seats but they probably do exist, at least for strollers.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying or hiring a stroller

There is a Target in Hollywood.

4. Re: Buying or hiring a stroller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 06:16