We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk of fame location

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Topic
Walk of fame location

I booked an hotel near walk of fame in hollywood.

a) Is it in a good location to visit Universal Studios, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica....? (I will have a car)

b) Do you think that its better not to go by my car to universal studios to avoid an expensive parking fees, if yes what is the alternative way?

c) Do you recommend any good restaurants near the walk of fame area?

d) Do recommend any activities to do there?

I know that I asked a lot of questions, hope to get answers from you :)

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk of fame location

Yes, Universal you can go via the subway and save some parking. There are subway stations basically at both ends of the walk of fame - at Hollywood Blvd. and Highland Ave., and again at Hollywood Blvd. and Vine St. The former is one stop from Universal, the latter two stops. The subway station at Universal Studios is actually at the bottom of the hill, Universal Studios is on top of the same hill, but they have a free shuttle up the hill that stops across the street from the subway station. Subway is $1.75 each way. Parking at Universal about $15.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,732 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk of fame location

a) It's decent, certainly inexpensive. Hollywood is very close to Universal and not too far from Beverly Hills. It's about a 40-minute drive (WITHOUT TRAFFIC) from Santa Monica. There is no single district that is close to everything.

b) If it were me, I'd take the red line metro rail to the Studios. If your hotel is near the Hollywood/Highland station, the ride will take just 4 minutes; if you're closer to the Hollywood/Vine station, the ride will take 6 minutes. Get off the train at the Universal City Station (fare is $1.75, btw or buy a DAY PASS for $7 for unlimited rides on the metro rail and metro buses for the day).

When you exit the Universal City Station, you'll need to cross to the diagonally-opposing corner and then walk 50 m to the tram stop from which you'll catch the free tram 'up the hill' to the Park (the ride takes a minute; the tram runs every 15 or 20 minutes). Alternatively, you can walk up the hill (10 minutes).

c) What type of cuisine are you interested in? What price (fast food? mid-range? fine dining?)

d) Here is a list of the top 300+ activities in L.A. -- some are in Hollywood, most aren't:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g32655-Activitie…

3. Re: Walk of fame location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 07:15