We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi! Please suggest a reputable shuttle from LAX to the...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hi! Please suggest a reputable shuttle from LAX to the...

Hi Everyone!

I will be arriving in LAX for the first time at the end of May. However, I don't wish to take a taxi from LAX to the Hilton Universal. Would someone be kind enough to suggest some reputable shuttles that will deliver me in one piece to my hotel? Also, do I head to the area of "Ground Transportation" in order to catch this shuttle? Also, are there any phone numbers or websites I could look at? Lastly, should I prepay for a shuttle now or wait until I arrive at LAX? Thanks for all of your help in advance. Lucia

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi! Please suggest a reputable shuttle from LAX to the...

Lucia,

There are 2 big shuttle companies in LA. One is Primetime Shuttle, the other is Super Shuttle. We've used them both a variety of times, and they are reputable, never really had a bad experience. To catch the shuttle, all you need to do, is when you get out of the Airport from the Arrivals Terminal, there is an island in the middle, where all the shuttle people will be. The guy/girl with a blue jacket is Super Shuttle and the guy/girl wearing a red jacket is Primetime Shuttle. You just need to go to them and tell them you need to be taken to whichever hotel you will be staying at. You can either make advanced reservations via their website or you can just pay when you get there, the only thing though, you need to pay cash if you don't make advanced reservations, as I learned from prior experience.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi! Please suggest a reputable shuttle from LAX to the...

Thanks again Amsocal. You are wonderful. Lucia

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi! Please suggest a reputable shuttle from LAX to the...

Thanks Lucia! Have a great time in LA!

Capitola, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi! Please suggest a reputable shuttle from LAX to the...

Just an FYI for all you out there. While I see that most people have had positive experiences with Prime Time Shuttle, I did most emphatically did not. I will NEVER use them again. I had made a reservation to be picked up (from about 70 miles away) and taken to LAX for a big vacation. I called the night before and recomfirmed - the receptionist said everything was OK. Next day pick-up time came and went so I went in to call. The receptionist told me that due to a "technical problem" no vans would be picking up that day. First of all, how can a transportation company just decide one day that they're not operating - especially one that deals with airline flights. Secondly, no one called even though I left two local phone numbers and was around all the previous night. Luckily the people we were staying with were gracious enough to give us a ride to the airport but if they had not done that, we would have missed our flight and our month-long vacation. This is the most irresponsible and unprofessional company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. I say use Super Shuttle.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi! Please suggest a reputable shuttle from LAX to the...

Misty,

I am a little worried about using Prime Time now after hearing about your bad experience. Has anyone had good experiences with Super Shuttle? Thanks again, Lucia

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi! Please suggest a reputable shuttle from LAX to the...

Hi Lucia,

Just a note.. We've been taking Primetime Shuttle and Super Shuttle since the 1990s going to LAX and Burbank Airport. Even with one Super Shuttle experience, they were 1 1/2 hour late picking us up a few years ago, going to Burbank Airport, but luckily we didn't miss our flight. In my opinion, it depends on the driver and rep taking the call. Most of the experiences we had with both Primetime Shuttle and Super Shuttle have been positive overall. There may be times that it's a miss, but for us, we've never missed our flights. Although, others may have different experiences.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi! Please suggest a reputable shuttle from LAX to the...

Amsocal,

Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know how my shuttle works out. Lucia