We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for syrahgirl to answer Santa Barbara Wine Country ?

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
958 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for syrahgirl to answer Santa Barbara Wine Country ?

Hi Syrahgirl, you had been most helpful to me on a past girl's getaway trip to Sonoma and Napa.

I am looking to plan another girl's weekend away. We are from Boston. Would you recommend a trip to Santa Barbara Wine Country? Is it worth the trip from Boston?

If so, which area would you stay in? Any recommendations and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Level Contributor
34,746 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for syrahgirl to answer Santa Barbara Wine Country ?

Hi, we just returned from a wonderful trip to Lake Tahoe for my birthday! The Los Olivos wine country is very nice, we enjoyed the Syrah in the area at Andrew Murray and Arthur Earl. A nice little place to have a meal is the Los Olivos Cafe, we also very much enjoyed the owner's Syrah, Bernat.

We enjoyed our stay at the Harbor View Inn, we like to be near the ocean and this was a wonderful place to stay. You may also want to spend some time in Montecito, a very quaint and upscale town.

If you enjoy wine, I would suggest a visit to the Wine Cask in Santa Barbara for dinner, they also have a smaller venue next door called Intermezzo where you can wine taste and have a bite to eat. Have fun! :)

2. Re: Looking for syrahgirl to answer Santa Barbara Wine Country ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 20:19