We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

I have to attend a seminar at Pepperdine for a week in the beginning of January. Can anyone provide me with some decent hotel recommendations. Not looking to stay budget, but don't need a Relais & Châteaux experience, either.

Thanks!

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

Define close.

Pepperdine has accomodations right on campus.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

That would be considered close! Probably, anything within a 10 minute drive would be nice. My program starts at 8:30 a.m., so if I need to, I can fly to class without any undue delay. Thanks

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

10 minutes?

I suggest you stay on campus.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

So, that would be the Villa Graziadio? I will give them a call, but they looked booked up when I ran a search for the dates I need (Dec. 31 to Jan 4/5). Any others?

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

Not really. The Casa Malibu Inn on the Beach is under re-construction. The rest of the places that close to Malibu cater to the surfer crowd, as that's where Surfrider Beach is.

You're either going to have to downgrade your expectations (read the reviews on that area of this site) or stay noticeably farther away.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,752 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

Actually, Bu:

Casa Malibu Inn is open. It's the Malibu Inn that is closed for renovations - but they reopen the second week of October (I just called the other day, for another poster who needed this info).

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

I knew I shouldn't have gone by memory!!!

Thanks for the correction. Bad information is worse than no information.

8. Re: Nice Hotels Near Pepperdine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Malibu