We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where for Lunch????

Which Malibu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
75 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Where for Lunch????

im sorry this is a bit repetative but my answer is NOT clear, we'll be a party of 8 right off a 5.5 hr flight were hopping into a rented van and i wanna cruiz up the PCH and have lunch, im torn between Dukes (i was at the one in Waikiki, not crazy about it), Moonshadows or Paradise Cove (the reviews for this place was REALLY BAD). Ok so which one guys, i have reservations for Geoffrey's but after the bad reviwes and the steep driveway, (we have 1 in a wheelchair, might not be to comfy for him). Thanx in advance for reading, hope this isnt to confusing, lemme know if u have any qeustions? Thanx guys!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where for Lunch????

Been to both Paradise Cove and Dukes. Had fun at both. The views outside at Dukes were amazing. I liked being in the sand outside at Paradise. Dukes outdoor patio is small but is protected from the wind. There were 9 of us.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where for Lunch????

Dukes or Moonshadows. Or- to throw in a different idea, The Lobster in Santa Monica.

Malibu
Level Contributor
81 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where for Lunch????

you are right those are all so touristy and horrible food. I would do tra di noi for good food and lots of folks to look at. Outside table in the patio. If you want good bar food and outside fun I would do Malibu Inn. What are you looking for?

New York
Level Contributor
75 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where for Lunch????

Wut EXECTLY r we looking for? well, i cant speak for all 8 of us but, i imagin some good food, nice view, no pretenciousness, this will be ALL of our first time here and we just want a typical Malibu place to eat, i'll definately be throwing back a few beers with hubby and friend so i dont know if that helps at all.

But based on what everyone has been saying so far, it looks like dukes barefoot bar is the way to go, am i right?

Malibu
Level Contributor
81 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where for Lunch????

I would lean towards Malibu Inn. Great little bar strong drinks and good bar food. It's across from the pier and Surfriders beach.

If you want a nicer experience then I would go to Geoffreys. Ocean view beautiful patio, but very pricey

There is also Sunset Restaurant. It is on the south end of Zuma beach. The food is just OK, but the bar is lively and good cocktails

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
14,826 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where for Lunch????

I love Moonshadows, especially dining on there patio overlooking the ocean. Also thought there food was pretty good

7. Re: Where for Lunch????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Malibu