We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Malibu

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants in Malibu

My husband and I are coming to Malibu next week for my step-daughters graduation from Pepperdine. We are looking for somewhere to take her for dinner on Saturday night. We want a place with a view of the coast and reasonable prices ($15-$30 entrees). My husband does not like seafood, but I love it. Maybe something that has seafood with other options. A co-worker suggested Gladstone's but the reviews I have read about the changes have not been positve. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Malibu
Malibu
California
Nobu Malibu
££££, Japanese, Seafood, Sushi
Malibu Farm
££ - £££, American, Healthy
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
30,130 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Malibu

Gladstones isn't in Malibu.

There are only a couple places with an ocean view, Duke's, Ruby's (and the others at the Malibu Pier, which are more bar-like), Moonshadows (outside your budget), Geoffrey's (also higher than your budget) and The Sunset.

Of these, I would choose The Sunset. The Sunset is great, it's popular with Pepperdine crowd, there are man options on the menu, and the view is gorgeous.

Mentioned in this post
Gladstones
Gladstones
717 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Malibu
Malibu
California
Malibu Pier
Malibu Pier
667 Reviews
Malibu, CA
Moonshadows
Moonshadows
597 Reviews
Malibu, CA
Geoffrey's
Geoffrey's
826 Reviews
Malibu, CA
The Sunset Restaurant
The Sunset Restaurant
359 Reviews
Malibu, CA
Southern California
Level Contributor
14,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Malibu

Have only been to Duke's and Moonshadows, so cannot comment on the Sunset, but really like Duke's and have never had a bad meal there, have been for lunch, dinner, Thanksgiving and Sunday brunch. Reasonable prices and valet parking. It's not fancy but fits your budget and the view is great.

Mentioned in this post
Moonshadows
Moonshadows
597 Reviews
Malibu, CA
The Sunset Restaurant
The Sunset Restaurant
359 Reviews
Malibu, CA
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,474 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Malibu

Dukes fits your budget and view requirements

Keep in mind that they had incredible damage from the winter storms this year and have just reopened the main dining room and bar area. The Outside seating area won't open until April 22

I personally like Geoffreys's better but they are not within your budget.

Congrats on the graduation!

Dr. Z

4. Re: Restaurants in Malibu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Malibu