We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mom visiting, where to go in Manhattan beach?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Mom visiting, where to go in Manhattan beach?

My mom will be visiting and I try to take her someplace new each time she comes out. I've never been to Manhattan Beach - would that be a cute area to take my mom? I read that there's a downtown area by the pier? Where should I park? Is it a fun area to walk around in, see some cute shops? Any great restaurants to go for lunch in the area? (Probably american style cuisine). Thanks for any tips!

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mom visiting, where to go in Manhattan beach?

The "downtown" area of Manhattan Beach is a great place for an afternoon / eve with mom. It's centered around Manhattan Beach Blvd and Highland. Cute boutiques with unique items. Check this website for activites which might make parking a nightmare (for instance the MB Open in early Aug) www.downtownmanhattanbeach.com. There is street parking and a few public lots (bring coins). For lunch, a good casual place is Ocean View Cafe (13th and Highland behind Uncle Bill's) for sandwiches with a Mediterranean flare. Check for lunches, but Cafe Pierre, Rock n Fish, Petros, Avenue, Fonz' are good bets for something a little more upscale. If you want to do the mani/pedi thing, Dominic's on Manhattan Ave has been good to my feet! Enjoy!!

2. Re: Mom visiting, where to go in Manhattan beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 10:25
Get answers to your questions about Manhattan Beach