We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manhattan Beach in October..few questions

NC
Level Contributor
573 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Manhattan Beach in October..few questions

Gonna be staying the night in MB this October...Gonna be on a Monday..what's there to do? Anything cool around the beach area? Shops, etc?

Also looking for something good to eat that night. We have a P.F. Changs around here where I live (which we love) and I see there's one near our hotel, is there something better?

Staying at the HAWTHORN SUITE MANHATTAN BEACH..

thanks!

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manhattan Beach in October..few questions

Mainly bumping this to CAnative's attention...

But in the meantime, yes, lots of cool things to do. You'll want to concentrate your fun in the village that's around the pier. The pier's cool. There's a big wide beach, with (literally) 100 volleyball nets. There's the "strand", a promenade that runs for miles right along the beach for beach watching and looking at a tremendous variety of beach houses. There are lots of restaurants and shops. You'll need to drive from the Hawthorn, but drive to Manhattan Beach Blvd., turn right and drive down to the village. And, um, do respect the parking meters. They are frequently patrolled, and they will find you where you live.....

Leaving on a happy note, all the above is saying nothing about the fantastic sunsets and people watching.

Over to you, CAnative.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manhattan Beach in October..few questions

BTW, CAnative's avatar is the pier, and the building at the end has a small aquarium.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach
Level Contributor
201 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manhattan Beach in October..few questions

Firewind is correct. Get yourself to the "downtown" area near the pier (5 minute cab ride) for plenty of boutique shopping and restaurants.

My guess is you'll be back for a longer stay.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manhattan Beach in October..few questions

Props and apologies to BeachChair. I haven't noticed you before. But that doesn't mean much..... (Insert embarrassed smiley here.)

Orange County, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Manhattan Beach in October..few questions

If you are a beer fan, then definitely go to the Manhattan Beach Brewing Company. It's just up from the pier. Great beers on tap and really good food. It's a tiny place which makes it perfect.

If you want Mexican food, go to Pancho's on Highland. It's up off the beach, but really good.

There is a new mall up on Manhattan Beach Blvd which has some fun shops. I don't know the name of the mall, but the Shade Hotel is located there and there is a lounge there, as well.

Have fun!

Orange County, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Manhattan Beach in October..few questions

If you are a beer fan, then definitely go to the Manhattan Beach Brewing Company. It's just up from the pier. Great beers on tap and really good food. It's a tiny place which makes it perfect.

If you want Mexican food, go to Pancho's on Highland. It's up off the beach, but really good.

There is a new mall up on Manhattan Beach Blvd which has some fun shops. I don't know the name of the mall, but the Shade Hotel is located there and there is a lounge there, as well.

Have fun!

7. Re: Manhattan Beach in October..few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Manhattan Beach