We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

Costa Mesa
3 posts
Save Topic
Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

I need to be in Manhattan Beach at 7:30 PM on Monday nights. Does anyone have any tips on the best route and time to leave. I know it will be a bit brutal in traffice. Should I allow 2 hours???

Thank you for any feedback

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,700 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

Two hours sounds right. What city are you departing from? Where are you going to in MB?

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
211 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

A bit brutal doesn't begin to describe it, IMHO. The two hour estimate will be right if you are not too far from the freeway on either end. If you have a lot of surface streets, add more time (I used to drive to a part of Torrance that was half an hour off the freeway!) Giving you directions would depend on where you are starting from (OC is a big place) and where you are going....

Any chance you could leave earlier, say about 3:30 or 4 p.m.? You are likely to have lovely afternoon weather in Manhattan Beach, miss most of the traffic, and be in a much better mood when you arrive! There are lots of good restaurants in that area, too.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

Two hours is about right as long as you aren't too deep into Orange County.

If you want a freeway routing you'll have to be more specific about which town in the OC its a big place.

Costa Mesa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

I live right off the 405 at the 73 and 55. Should I leave earlier? Thoughts????

Costa Mesa
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

my thought exactly! 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

No I think two hours will be okay. You're going a little bit against traffic. I think the 405 will be as good as anything as long as there isn't an accident Maybe check one of the live traffic websites or listen to KNX around 5pm just to be sure something awful didn't happen on the 405.

maps. google.com has a live traffic function.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,007 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

Remember, a lot of the LA work traffic is headed south toward where you live. I'd give it an hour and a half to MB to be safe. I visit college friends all the time in Newport, Dana Point and SJC and drive north in one hour in the evenings, 45 minutes from Fashion Island. I use the 73 to 405.

You said Monday nights, so if you feel uncomfortable, give it two hours the first time. I drive alone, so don't get to use car pool lanes either.

Where in MB will you be getting off the freeway? If down by the MB Pier, add ten minutes, if Rosecrans Ave. and one of the office buildings there, it will take less time.

8. Re: Traffic from Orange County to Manhattan Beach at 5:30 PM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 07:43
Get answers to your questions about Manhattan Beach