We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

Hi All

Arriving back in LA from Cancun on evening of Sat 30th April

Depart for home in Australia sunday evening 1st May. Need to be at airport by 6pm.

Im thinking some last minute shopping, clothes, cosmetics and gifts on the Sunday.

Would like a Macys probably to get everything I need?

Is Macys in Manhattan opened on Sunday? I ask this as we where in LA a week ago and tried to go there (it was easter sunday though) and it was closed!! I was in shock!! lol

So is macys my best choice for all in shopping or whatever suggestions can you give me for Sunday?

Thanks all, this trip has been amazing partly due to all your help. Ive been really happy with all my hotel choices, based on this sites threads.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

"Is Macys in Manhattan opened on Sunday? I ask this as we where in LA a week ago and tried to go there (it was easter sunday though) and it was closed!! I was in shock!! lol"

I don't go shopping on Easter Sunday, so I don't know if the MB Macy's was closed, but their regular Sunday hours are 11 am to 6 PM weekly.

Yes, you can get clothes, cosmetics and gifts there. As we mentioned earlier, the Men's store is to the south and the Women's to the north. There is an Apple Store, Sephora cosmetics, and misc. other shops in between.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

oooh thanks CA im going there!

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,380 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

Pretty sure most of the department stores were closed on Easter, quite a few other places were also closed. Macy's is normally open on Sundays, yes and CAnative gave you the hours, Sundays it is not open as many hours as usual but you would have plenty of time.

Sephora has awesome cosmetics, always get my sister a gift card from them for Christmas and she loves it! Macy's has a good selection as well.

Hope you had a good time in Cancun, I'm flying there myself this Tuesday but staying an hour+ more south of there, my friend is already down there. Would love to see a mini trip report when you get back on the Yucatan forums.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach
Level Contributor
201 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

Yes, it'll be open on May 1st and be aware that MACY'S occupies BOTH ends of the mall and has two floors. Cosmetics on the northern end and gifts/housewares on the southern end.

Also, if you have time, start your day in downtown Manhattan Beach (the pier area) for breakfast/brunch and great & unique gift shopping: http://www.downtownmanhattanbeach.com/ - then head to the mall to buy what you couldn't find.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

55vineyard,

I did write a little trip report last night in the Playa Del carmen forums, so look it up :-)

Cheers

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,380 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

Thanks for the nice report on Secrets, linda! So glad you had a great trip.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

No Kauai this spring? : )

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,380 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

CAnative,

Actually, I am leaving for Mexico day after tomorrow, May 3, staying in a lovely place called Akumal for most of the time and the last night in Puerto Morelos, about a 20 minute drive from the Cancun airport.

Have a week booked this fall for Kauai using my timeshare at the Marriott in Lihue, but the airfares are driving me so crazy, I may have to trade for someplace like Puerto Vallarta, go back to Hilton Head or look at another destination. Need to trade into a nice place, which makes it a little tougher. Cheapest airfare I found out of LAX was $725 on Hawaiian.

When are you going back or where is your next vacation?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

55, we are going to our Hyatt timeshare in Incline Village, Tahoe July 4th week with family, and then traveling with them to Europe in August, so no Kauai this year. : ( Aiming for 2012.

Have a great time in Mexico.

To keep this on topic, Linda, you had wonderful weather in Manhattan Beach today. Hope you had good luck shopping for gifts. Have a safe flight home tonight!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday 1st may...shopping in manhattan beach or surrounds?

Yes, Linda

Have a lovely flight home and come back soon!

Get answers to your questions about Manhattan Beach