We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Sea View Inn at the Beach nice?

Which Manhattan Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
Is the Sea View Inn at the Beach nice?

What hotels do you recommend in Manhattan Beach?

Thanks.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,228 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Sea View Inn at the Beach nice?

Here's a link to all of the hotels in Manhattan Beach as reviewed by visitors on the Trip Advisor website. The hotels are listed in order of 'customer satisfaction' -- not by how luxurious each one is. Read the reviews and get a feel for each. (link and SCROLL DOWN for the list)

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32678-Manhattan_Beac…

Note: there are only 8 hotels in Manhattan Beach and two "Inns". Most of these are on or near Sepulveda Bl which is a busy commercial road that runs parallel to the beach and is about 1 mile (1.6 km) inland (away from the water). In fact, only the Seaview Inn is actually AT the beach.

In answer to your question, 'nice' is such a vague term. The Seaview is a 3-star hotel (the star-rating describes the amenities of the hotel, e.g. pool, fitness center, nearby beach, etc). It's ranked #3 in Manhattan Beach as far as 'customer satisfaction' is concerned. If you look at the photos of the rooms, however, you'll see that it's not fancy at all. So does that make it 'nice'? Up to you.

If I were staying in Manhattan Beach, I would stay at the Seaview.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Sea View Inn at the Beach nice?

Me too, I'd stay at the Sea View right ON the beach.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Sea View Inn at the Beach nice?

Hi Marie,

I just answered you on San Pedro forum, trying to find out why you want to stay there, but that is not the place for you.

I live in Manhattan Beach, have visited or stayed in all the hotels here, so am not guessing at what they are. The Sea View Inn would be a perfect place for you. it's where my family often stay when they visit me from out of town and want a kitchen and living room. Some units are just motel rooms, some have full kitchens and some are 2 bed apartments with balconies. The property consists of 5 buildings around Highland Ave. There is a swimming pool, and they lend bikes. They are often booked months in advance because of the value in being close to the ocean, have free parking.

There is a neighborhood Market across the street and lots of shops and restaurants. They are a block or two back from the ocean, but most units have balconies and sunset views. You haven't told us what price range you are looking for.

They remodeled their rooms this past year, got flat screen TV's, etc. You will be in a neighborhood of million dollar homes, as MB real estate ranks among the most expensive in America. Very safe area for you.

Your title is is the SV I nice? Your question is what hotels do I recommend?

Well, I would not care to stay in the original motel building for $130 a night. If your budget allowed, one of the Luxury Rooms for $200+ tax would be my style. You would get a fireplace, wet bar with sink and micro, so that you could make some meals yourself and save on restaurants, balcony with ocean view.

Please let me know your budget before I tell you about other hotels in town.

http://www.theseaviewinn.com/index.htm

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Sea View Inn at the Beach nice?

Sea View Inn is a pretty good deal. Its best attribute is its location, on the main drag in Manhattan Beach and only a very short distance from the beach. They also have some nice touches, like bicycles that are free for the guests to use. And the rates are usually very good there. The downside of the place (to me) is that it is not a purpose-built hotel, its a series of small, converted apartment buildings so it won't feel very "hotel-like", as it were. In any case, given your stated desires in other posts, I would seriously consider this hotel. If you can up your budget, then I would also look at The Shade hotel in Manhattan Beach.

5. Re: Is the Sea View Inn at the Beach nice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Manhattan Beach