We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendocino in January

Northern California
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Mendocino in January

I am attempting to plan a trip for my husband's 40th birthday (Jan 18). I have chosen lodgings, but would like information on dining (fine or otherwise), recreation (we are considering a charter for crabbing and/or whale watching) and any events occuring at that time.

We were there on a visit several years ago and loved the village.

I hope to hear some interesting ideas soon!

Thanks,

PC

Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mendocino in January

Hello. January is an excellent time of year. There are many good restaurants in the area, but you need to check which ones are open. I would certainly eat at 955 Ukiah in the Village as well as Cafe Beaujoulis. MacCallum House has a lovely dinner and if you are in the mood for vegetarian - try the Ravens at the Stanford Inn.

Your best resource would be to go to www.gomendo.com for a full listing of restaurants.

Enjoy your vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Ukiah
Ukiah
Mendocino County, CA
MacCallum House Inn
MacCallum House Inn
645 Reviews
Mendocino, CA
Stanford Inn by the Sea
Stanford Inn by the Sea
508 Reviews
Mendocino, CA
Ojai, California
Level Contributor
240 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mendocino in January

The Mendocino Cafe is a favorite of ours. It is right on the village.

Mentioned in this post
Mendocino Cafe
Mendocino Cafe
768 Reviews
Mendocino, CA
3. Re: Mendocino in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 11:24