We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritage House?

delaware
Level Contributor
110 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Heritage House?

Does anyone know what is happening with the Heritage House? It foreclosed a few years ago. It is our favorite place.

Sacramento CA
Level Contributor
35 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Heritage House?

The Heritage House is undergoing complete renovation.

Fiber optic cables to each cottage with state of the art televisions and other amenities with new beds, etc. I am one of the workmen there, and have been inside the rooms that are ready and they are beautiful with great views.

The kitchen and other parts are not ready. Few of the rooms are complete, but it promises to return to its former glory

Fort Bragg...
3 posts
Save Reply
52. Re: Heritage House?

Please call us directly at 707-202-9000 or visit our website @ www.heritagehouseresort.com BOOK NOW!!!!

Fort Bragg...
3 posts
Save Reply
53. Re: Heritage House?

Please call us directly at 707-202-9000 or visit our website @ www.heritagehouseresort.com BOOK NOW!!!!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Heritage House?

I just made a reservation at the Heritage House for October. I was told they are having a soft opening the end of September and then the opening in October. I'll post after we return from a two day stay. The Lady taking our reservation was very nice and helpful in finding a date that would work for us.

Regards,

VacationNani

Sacramento CA
Level Contributor
35 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Heritage House?

Was there today: they are in the midst of their soft opening.

Worth a stop by, see the renovations.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,439 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Heritage House?

evanieser,

If you are indeed a representative of Heritage House you should be aware that your website is not working.

Clicking on the tabs at the bottom of the page for reservations, rooms, etc does not work. It is quite off-putting.

Sacramento CA
Level Contributor
35 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Heritage House?

I do not believe they are ready for on-line reservations, etc. It is a soft opening, and if you are interested, a phone call would gather the information you want.

All the rooms available at this time overlook the ocean, with beautiful vistas from the porch.

Tampa, FL
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Heritage House?

Hooray! Received this email today:

THE REVIVAL OF THE HERITAGE HOUSE RESORT

An Historic Property Re-Opens on the Mendocino Coast

MENDOCINO/LITTLE RIVER, CA - On Monday, September 16, 2013, the Heritage House Resort will re-open its doors after a lengthy 5 year absence from the popular Mendocino destination. The highly acclaimed resort, located on 37 wondrous acres along the Pacific coast, has always been well known as the jewel of the North Coast. It has been home to a storied past dating back to 1877 and the location of numerous motion pictures, such as the classic “Same Time Next Year” starring Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn. “Since acquired in 2012, we have been entrusted in polishing the jewel and placing it back in a combined historic and modern setting with a multi-million dollar phased renovation,” says Denis Ferguson, General Manager. “With over 136 years of heritage to respect, our task is a labor of love and one that will continue into 2014.”

Our service team is ready, and guests who will be staying with us as one of the many to experience the first chapter of our revival story, can rest assured that every precaution necessary has been taken to ensure a great experience is delivered. “Ongoing improvements will not affect the serenity of the resort in any way”, Ferguson adds. “We are quite certain the Heritage House Resort’s continuing revival will capture the interest and intrigue of everyone, where they will surely want to return as future chapters unveil.”

Heritage House will first open with 30 of its 70 guest rooms. All rooms feature majestic views of the Pacific, large decks with soothing sounds of the sea, while the gardens, grounds, and wooded trails along the coast afford to all a haven of total harmony and fun. The Heritage House Resort will feature fully renovated accommodations with stylish Pacific contemporary decor that will appeal to all generations. The remodel has provided all of the modern amenities typical of a 4-Diamond resort. Also opening with the resort is the much anticipated 5200 Restaurant & Lounge featuring farm-to-fork cuisine by celebrated Executive Chef Fabrice Dubuc. 5200 will initially operate for dinner by reservation only.

Future chapters of the resort will include a wellness center, full-service spa and fitness center. An array of additional recreational activities will also be unveiled at the resort and its secluded beach, along with the return of its nursery and gardens, a favorite of former guests. Indoor and outdoor reception and meeting facilities will soon be completed, making the resort an ideal destination for weddings, family reunions and corporate outings.

###

If you’d like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview, please contact Reservations at (707)202-9010

or 1-877-295-9973 E-Mail: Reservations@HeritageHouseResort.com

northern california
Level Contributor
554 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Heritage House?

We drove by on Thurs the 12th of Sept and there was an "opening soon " sign. On the way home today and the sign said "open" . I don't know what is open but something is open. Would love a new restaurant/bar in walking distance :-)

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Heritage House?

I was told they are having a soft opening mid-September and then opening in October. i have a two night reservation in October. The restaurant is going to be opening soon.

VacationNani