We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from PC hwy to 101

arizona
Level Contributor
129 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
getting from PC hwy to 101

We plan to drive from SF to Mendicino via hwy 1, and go back to SF via 101 (stopping to see sights along the way). We have 6 days to do this trip. - What is the best way to catch the 101 - backtrack to the 128, or go farther north to get the 101 at Legget? Im considering which way would be faster, more scenic, less miles . I'd like more scenic but not if its going to take a whole half a day to do. Suggestions?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,143 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from PC hwy to 101

When we get back from Mendocino, we take 128 to 101.

Mentioned in this post
Mendocino
Mendocino
Mendocino County, CA
Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from PC hwy to 101

There are two options - take Hwy 1 to 128 and southeast through Anderson Valley and Boonville to 101. Or you can take Hwy 1 to Fort Bragg (9 miles from Mendocino) and take Hwy 20 across to Willits to 101. If you are looking for scenic, 128 is your best option and will not add any time to your trip.

If you need recommendations on where to stop on any of the routes you are going to take, check out www.visitmendocino.com or call 866-gomendo.

Enjoy your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Bragg
Fort Bragg
Mendocino County, CA
Mendocino
Mendocino
Mendocino County, CA
arizona
Level Contributor
129 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from PC hwy to 101

Thanks, we'll go 128, esp since that takes us through Anderson Valley. I did check out that site, I didn't see where on the site to see the recommendations. What link should I be looking for?

4. Re: getting from PC hwy to 101

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:40