We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October through December in Mendocino

Which Mendocino hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
144 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
October through December in Mendocino

I was wondering if anyone could give me the feel of things and level of activity October through the end of December in Mendocino. We're thinking about a 4 or 5 month stay.

We're just looking for a quiet place to hang out and relax, nice scenery and not too extreme weather.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October through December in Mendocino

There will likely be a lot of fog & rain with cool temps. It is counter to the travel season so should not be all that crowded.

I think it would be a great place to hang out for a few days, weeks, or months. I'd get lodging with a fireplace...for warmth & atmosphere.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October through December in Mendocino

Wow--4 or 5 months! That will really allow you time to explore all of Mendocino County as well as the coast down to Sonoma and up into Humboldt. October should provide the most beautiful (and potentially sunny) weather of the 3 months--but then I've experienced warmish, bright days even in Dec. That month could have some serious rain which makes for very dramatic views over the ocean. Nov. is a transition month and can go either way, but usually you won't get sustained rainstorms till Dec.

There are always fun, interesting events taking place around Mendocino. Local wineries will have their own special activities as well. In Oct. there's the Hopland Passport, a wine, food and entertainment event. Nov. is the wonderful Wine and Mushroom Festival encompassing numerous activities, dinners and locations. Dec. has the Candlelight Inn Tour, a delightful event when the public can visit various inns--all decorated for the holidays.

3. Re: October through December in Mendocino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:16