We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Sunday restaurant with kids

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Topic
Easter Sunday restaurant with kids

I just realized we'll be in Monterey over Easter Sunday weekend. Where could we find a nice brunch that's not too nice? We'll have little kids with us. I don't really want to pack nice Sunday clothes, so it would have to be someplace that will accept us in resort casual clothes. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Sunday restaurant with kids

Fandango in Pacific Grove is very nice without being too fancy. The atmosphere is country-French, and I've gone there many times for lunch wearing jeans. Here is a link to their brunch menu, but you'll have to confirm with them that they are open on Easter: www.fandangorestaurant.com/brunchmenu.html

A more-casual place is First Awakenings in the American Tin Cannery near Cannery Row. They make very good breakfasts.

Finally, a very family-friendly and casual place in downtown Monterey is Rosine's: http://www.rosinesmonterey.com/. They have weekend brunches, but, again, you'll have to check to make sure they're serving on Easter. I expect that most places will be open.

Level Contributor
36,925 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Sunday restaurant with kids

See if Tarpey's Roadhouse is open in Monterey. You can dine outside or inside in a couple of different rooms there, we enjoyed the main dining room. The menu is comfort-style food with a little something for everyone. Very nice place with friendly, attentive service.

Schooner's Bistro at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa is another consideration. A casual, bistro-style restaurant where you can also dine inside or out on the patio, you will have gorgeous oceanviews here. Enjoy! :)

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Sunday restaurant with kids

These places sound perfect. I'm sure something will be open, I may even try for reservations. I'll show your suggestions to my husband and let him decide. Thanks for your time!

4. Re: Easter Sunday restaurant with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 22:17