We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Whale Tour Operator

Kapiti Coast
Level Contributor
638 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Best Whale Tour Operator

Hi, we are travelling to Monterey in September and are planning on heading out for a morning whale watch on the Saturday we will be there. Would love some advise on who you think are the best tour operators at the moment we are chosing between Sanctuary and Monterey Bay. Cant find anywhere on the Sanctuary website as to our big their vessel is. Trying to pick the best size boat with the least nbr of people!

Any toughts would be really appreciated. Thanks

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Whale Tour Operator

I've heard good things about Sanctuary, but I don't know anything about Monterey Bay. There are many previous threads on this topic. I'd suggest that you type "whale watching" in the search box in the Monterey forum and browse the results. You'll find a lot of information there.

Ojai, California
Level Contributor
240 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Whale Tour Operator

I did read this on the Sanctuary website

"Sanctuary carries up to 39 passengers plus crew."

3. Re: Best Whale Tour Operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 18:19