We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feed Back on Some Monterey Restaurants

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Feed Back on Some Monterey Restaurants

I have purchased the Entertainment Book for Monterey and among the restaurants in the book are the following.

I would like some feed back about these:

DiCicco:

Fourth AvePasta House

Old Bath House

Billy Quons

The Loose Noodle

The California Grill

Tinnery at the Beach

Miros

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feed Back on Some Monterey Restaurants

Only been to 2. The Tinnery has been consistently good; certainly not gourmet quality, but good basic food with some nice fresh fish choices and enuf different selections to please virtually everyone. It has a fun, casual atmosphere and there are ocean views to be had. It can be noisy when full of diners. The Old Bath House is in a very good-looking historic building and the interior decor is more sophisticated/romantic than other restaurants with ocean views. It can be expensive and our experience with their food was missed. I had a good (not great) salmon, but my husband's scampi dish was very poorly prepared; way overcooked. He's not picky and yet he couldn't eat it. The service there is good, and they didn't charge for the "bad shrimp". I must say that everyone else we've talked to has been pleased with their meals, so I'd say to go.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feed Back on Some Monterey Restaurants

The Tinnery is under new ownership and has a new name, but I can't recall it. Its location is wonderful--great views. I always thought their food was mediocre for the price--you were paying for the location, I think. I've been told that the food has improved under new ownership, though. I like the Loose Noodle (the one on Lighthouse Ave. in New Monterey). Their prices are very reasonable. Their dinner salad is very nice--great dressing and the croutons are delicious. I've had their ravioli and their vegetarian lasagna, and I liked both very much. It also has a nice atmosphere. With Billy Quons you will get very mixed reactions to. Many people absolutely love it. I don't. I'm a salad person, and they serve several different large salads. I found them overdressed and kind of soggy instead of the crisp, clean freshness you'd expect from salads in California. But that's just me. I know they have a varied menu, and you might like it very much. The California Grill I believe is in the Portola Plaza Hotel in Monterey. It was recently remodeled and may have changed its name. They are known for two things mainly: steaks and their salad bar. They do have the best salad bar in the area, and you can make a whole meal out of it. A few places besides those you mentioned that I'd highly recommend: Hula's in New Monterey (Hawaiian, lots of fish, very good), Red House Cafe in Pacific Grove (wonderful food), Tarpy's Roadhouse (near the Monterey airport), Taste Cafe and Bistro (Pacific Grove). Enjoy!

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feed Back on Some Monterey Restaurants

....old bath house is good for view,ambiance and the food is usually pretty good (with a coupon a better value)

billy quons is not what it used to be and its not under his ownership anymore you should go to his restaurant in carmel called bahama billy's which is much better.

the loose noodle is ok but nothing above average.

the california grill is no more it is now jacks and it is in the old doubletree inn downtown.

the tinnery is now lattitudes with great location and views across the street from old bath house and the owners have several "tourist" restaurants in monterey so its the usual tourist food.

the others unknown....probably in carmel where restaurants change constantly.......

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
868 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feed Back on Some Monterey Restaurants

Loose Noodle: Good value/food for co-worker lunches

Billy Cuongs: Cook not too great. Dry fish I had.

Old Bath house: Worth the price. Coupons usually good Sun-thurs.