We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomadation September Weekend - Best Western Montery

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accomadation September Weekend - Best Western Montery

Hello All,

I am in Montery for one night, Saturday September 17th and am looking for a hotel to stay in.

However, I have been told that my stay coincides with a festivel and it appears the hotels in the area are very booked up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking to pay up to US$250. One of the only places I can find free is the Best Western Montery, has anyone stayed there? Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance. Best Regards from Dublin,

Simon

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomadation September Weekend - Best Western Montery

The 17th is right in the midst of the Monterey Jazz Festival which runs from the 16th thru 18th, so that's why it's so difficult to find a room. Unfortunately, hotel rates go sky high during the Jazz Fest and many places have a 2-nite min. during weekends. There are lots of Best Westerns in Monterey, plus Pacific Grove, Seaside and Marina (I believe). I think you should grab whatever you can NOW because it will only become harder to find a room. Have you tried Casa Munras Garden Hotel (actually, more of a motor inn)? Website is www.casamunrashotel.com. It has a nice "old town" ambiance, pool, pretty gardens, rooms with fireplace and a nice restaurant. It's in the downtown area, but only about a mi. from Fisherman's Wharf. Here are a few good Websites to check for hotels/inns: www.montereyinfo.org, www.montereyhotdeals.com, www.montereyvisitorsguide.com. Good luck!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomadation September Weekend - Best Western Montery

Simon, try the Howard Johnson's Express in Pacific Grove. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's a decent place in a nice location. Good luck.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
872 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomadation September Weekend - Best Western Montery

In a pinch my family can usually gets a room in the Olympia Motor Lodge in Pacific Grove at the end of Lighthouse for ~100.00. A decent place. 831-373-2777