We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Behind-the-Scenes Tour @ Monterey Bay Aquarium

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Behind-the-Scenes Tour @ Monterey Bay Aquarium

Can anyone comment on the Behind-the-Scenes Tour @ Monterey Bay Aquarium? It's promoted as an insider's view of what it takes to bring the Aquarium's exhibits to life, a 50-minute tour with a chance to interact with staff, discover the hidden life of animals, and learn about research being conducted to contribute to healthy oceans in the future. Is it a good value for cost is $10 per person plus admission? Or would we (two 60-somethings) be better off viewing the exhibits on our own?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Behind-the-Scenes Tour @ Monterey Bay Aquarium

If you have any interest in that type of thing, I say you should go for it. I have a friend who has been and she thought it was great! Gave even more depth to the exhibits after seeing what goes into them. I think I would enjoy it very much. My husband just wants to see the finished product - so I guess it depends. I think that $10 is a good deal, too.

I have not seen this as an option. My friend and her family are members so they have it available to them. I would like to add it to our (my) visit next week if you don't mind sharing your information.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Behind-the-Scenes Tour @ Monterey Bay Aquarium

Elssie, go to "Buy Tickets Now" at http://www.montereybayaquarium.org

"Behind-the-Scenes Tours" is an option.

The site also shows auditorium programs, live shows and staff-led aquarium adventures to help you get more out of your aquarium visit, and I've decided that's probably enough for us rather than adding a 50-minute tour.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Behind-the-Scenes Tour @ Monterey Bay Aquarium

Thank you. I had not planned to buy tickets in advance - so I had not seen that. E~

Level Contributor
34,201 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Behind-the-Scenes Tour @ Monterey Bay Aquarium

This sounds really interesting, if you do it, let us know how it goes! :)

5. Re: Behind-the-Scenes Tour @ Monterey Bay Aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 11:33