We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el castell

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
el castell

I just purchased a room at El Castell! The reviews are VERY mixed. Will it be terrible or acceptable? This is in August during the concourse car event and all the rooms were outrageous priced and up to 4 night minimum...

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el castell

Hi. I have never been inside this motel. However, the location is fine. Here is a link to reviews on yelp.com: www.yelp.com/biz/el-castell-motel-monterey

Note that there is a review from April 2010, and it's quite positive. The others do vary, though. When reading reviews, you always have to keep in mind that people come to hotels with varying expectations: This is an expensive area, so many people see a room rate of, say, $200 and think they're going to get luxury. Around here, especially during special events, a standard motel can go for way more than $200--thus the major disappointment some people express. I wish I could tell you something based on first-hand experience, but I can't. Were there any other motels that you were considering, or was this the only one you found available?

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: el castell

I haven't been inside, either, but from the outside it is just an ordinary motel. It looks clean, but not particularly modern. The neighborhood is a safe, commercial neighborhood on a major boulevard. The fairgrounds is a short block away. There is a rather shady looking adult bookstore two doors away, which some people may be uncomfortable with. However, it is not considered a trouble spot by any means.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

california
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: el castell

Thank You...

california
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: el castell

thank you.

5. Re: el castell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2010, 06:38