We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Monterey

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife in Monterey

We stay in Monterey quite a bit but never do much after dark because we aren't sure what to do. Looking for places to have a few drinks or a place to see some bands..we are early 40's so don't want 20 something bars. We will be there in Oct again. Any suggestions?

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Monterey

Well, I guess my first question is: where are you staying, and secondly do you want something within walking distance or are you willing to drive.

We ( my hubby & I ) are in our 50's, but LOVE going to the Fuse Lounge or Mission Inn. Both are in Carmel. The Fuse Lounge is located in the Carmel Mission Inn ( NOT to be confused with the Mission Inn ). The Carmel Mission Inn is located on Hwy 1, and has a wonderful restaurant with nightly happy hour specials, and on Friday & Saturday nights live bands. We especially enjoy " The Money Band, " which is VERY popular with folks generally in their 30's & up. Their style of music is oldies rock & country. Lots of dancing going on here!!!

The Mission Inn is more laid back with a piano & singer in it's lounge. The restaurant is also wonderful.

Should you be on Cannery Row, the Sardine Factory also has a piano in the lounge and offers great tapas and or dinners. The food is EXCELLENT! Another option on Cannery Row is Bullwackers. Live bands on Friday & Saturday. Sly McFly's is also lots of fun. Live bands on weekends as is the lounge at the C Lounge in the International Continental Hotel.

The " hot spots " downtown Monterey seem to appeal more to the 20 something crowd, but Cibo's has great jazz. These are just a few to mention, Monterey/Carmel offer a wide variety of places to go. I'm sure others will chime in with some more.

Have fun, and remember....." Don't Drink & Drive! " Taxi's are always available & believe me....the cops ARE out there. Getting a DUI would definitely be a lousy way to end a vacation. :P

Level Contributor
34,460 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Monterey

Sardine Factory is a great suggestion! :).

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in Monterey

This may not fit your particular interests, but a lot of visitors don't realize that the Peninsula has a number of performing arts venues offering everything from plays and musicals to outdoor movies, to some fairly big name entertainers. These include:

Pacific Repertory Theater (Plays and live musicals, Carmel)

Outdoor Forest Theater (Plays, live musicals, outdoor movies, Carmel)

Wharf Theater (mostly musicals, Fisherman's Wharf Monterey)

Monterey Peninsula College Theater (Plays and musicals, Monterey)

Sunset Center (Performing arts facility, big-name concerts, comedy, dance, etc. downtown Carmel)

For details and links to these sites see my entertainment page www.montereypeninsula.info/guide/entertan.htm

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife in Monterey

A VERY valid point Mr. Toy...I was just thinking that perhaps they wanted to " party! " Actually, shame on me...your suggestions are spot on; as usual! :o)

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife in Monterey

Oh we can party, but not past midnight..I need my sleep lol Thanks for all the great suggestions..will print them out. We come back often so this should keep me busy for the next couple trips as well. We love bars esp. piano bars, but I also am a huge Broadway fan so plays and musicals are a great suggestion for us as well. We are staying in Monterey on Freemont Planning to take cabs! We aren't allowed to have even 1 drink in our system while driving here in Ontario Canada so we are very use to cabbing it :o) Thanks again!

6. Re: Nightlife in Monterey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 14:16