We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Cannery Row?

Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Cannery Row?

Hi

is there a huge difference in location and class between these? zLike $80 per night worth?

I am happy to pay extra if it's worth it, but if they are similar quality I will book the cheaper option.

2A2C

thanks

C

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Cannery Row?

The two properties are very different. The Intercontinental (aka The Clement Monterey) is a full service hotel, very large, with restaurants, conference facilities, bay views, room service, and all the trimmings. The Holiday Inn is little more than a motel, no views, no restaurants, and the only food service is a continental breakfast bar in the lobby. (However, the restaurant at the Monterey Plaza Hotel is just half a block away.) Frankly, I'd expect more than an $80 difference.

The Intercontinental is at the busy end of Cannery Row next to the aquarium. The Holiday Inn is at the quiet end of Cannery Row.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,525 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Cannery Row?

Now in this case the 80 is worth the difference as the Intercontinental is a nice hotel for that area. Quite modern if you like that type of luxury.

Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Cannery Row?

thankyou!

I will book it then for sure.

C

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Cannery Row?

The properties do not compare. Intercontinental is brand new, modern, luxury, full service hotel that overlooks the water and is right on Cannery Row. The Holiday Inn Cannery Row is a motel with no views, a block from the water.

Level Contributor
35,446 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Cannery Row?

The Clement is a beautiful property with a great restaurant "the c." We dined there for my birthday one year. The property is very modern, clean and upscale with beautiful views. Have fun! :)

6. Re: Intercontinental or Holiday Inn Cannery Row?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:17