We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Looking for a cheap-ish, clean, quiet room as close to Asilomar State Park as possible. Going to a wedding and the room will hardly be used. Walking distance would be awesome. Hoping to stay as close to $100-$150 as possible. My wife has stayed in the dorm-type rooms and has no interest in those. Any hotels or motels close by that are very good?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,711 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Doesn't Asilomar have basic hotel rooms? I remember staying in one during a conference, long ago. Comfortable, but no TV or telephone, just a twin-bedded room? Not a dorm.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 23:32
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

The Beachcomber looked very promising when I visited a year ago but when I tried to walk into the front desk to take a look at the rooms, was so put off that I just walked out. Not worth it even though it is right across the street from the conference grounds by the Fishwife. Avoid. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32840-d507326-…

The Rosedale would be a better bet tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32840-d507382-… but I haven't actually stayed there myself.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

www.montereypeninsulainns.com/home.html

Edited: 03 March 2014, 23:38
San Jose
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Rosedale looks great, but I wish it wasn't $175 plus taxes etc.. as we will just be sleeping there before going home.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

There are plenty of private rooms on the Asilomar grounds. In the $150 range. You'd be in a building with perhaps shared lounge area with fireplace But not like a dorm where you're sleeping in the same room with strangers.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Here's a look at the conference grounds website (*You'll want to skip the Historic Rooms section and focus on the Asilomar Rooms):

www.visitasilomar.com/accommodations.aspx

Edited: 04 March 2014, 00:21
Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Andril Fireplace Cottages is right across the street. http://www.andrilcottages.com/

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Level Contributor
34,460 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Bide A Wee Cottages are exactly what you're looking for! We had Room 109 which was immaculate and updated. Our room was $109/night on Valentine's night through booking.com. Next time we will stay longer there. Enjoy the coast! :)

9. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:17