We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Looking for a cheap-ish, clean, quiet room as close to Asilomar State Park as possible. Going to a wedding and the room will hardly be used. Walking distance would be awesome. Hoping to stay as close to $100-$150 as possible. My wife has stayed in the dorm-type rooms and has no interest in those. Any hotels or motels close by that are very good?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,048 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Doesn't Asilomar have basic hotel rooms? I remember staying in one during a conference, long ago. Comfortable, but no TV or telephone, just a twin-bedded room? Not a dorm.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 23:32
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

The Beachcomber looked very promising when I visited a year ago but when I tried to walk into the front desk to take a look at the rooms, was so put off that I just walked out. Not worth it even though it is right across the street from the conference grounds by the Fishwife. Avoid. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32840-d507326-…

The Rosedale would be a better bet tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32840-d507382-… but I haven't actually stayed there myself.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,225 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

www.montereypeninsulainns.com/home.html

Edited: 03 March 2014, 23:38
San Jose
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Rosedale looks great, but I wish it wasn't $175 plus taxes etc.. as we will just be sleeping there before going home.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

There are plenty of private rooms on the Asilomar grounds. In the $150 range. You'd be in a building with perhaps shared lounge area with fireplace But not like a dorm where you're sleeping in the same room with strangers.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,225 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Here's a look at the conference grounds website (*You'll want to skip the Historic Rooms section and focus on the Asilomar Rooms):

www.visitasilomar.com/accommodations.aspx

Edited: 04 March 2014, 00:21
Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Andril Fireplace Cottages is right across the street. http://www.andrilcottages.com/

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Level Contributor
35,225 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

Bide A Wee Cottages are exactly what you're looking for! We had Room 109 which was immaculate and updated. Our room was $109/night on Valentine's night through booking.com. Next time we will stay longer there. Enjoy the coast! :)

9. Re: Looking for cheap clean, quiet room near Asilomar State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:17