We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monterey/Carmel nightlife

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
4 posts
Save Topic
Monterey/Carmel nightlife

We are 3 sisters in our 50's getting together for a little reunion (I live in Indiana, my sisters live in Oregon and in San Jose, Ca). We will be staying at the Monterey Plaza Hotel on Wed and Thurs nights in early November.

1. Where are the best places to go out at night, 2 are single, 1 married on a Wed and Thursday in either Monterey or Carmel or closest area?

2. Is this hotel a good option? Or should we go for a condo on the beach? If so what is a good link to find a condo along that stretch of coast?

3. Would Santa Cruz, day and night life, be more fun? Or further south down the coast, anything south of San Francisco on down and no more than a couple hours drive from San Jose. .

We want relaxing during the day and fun at night without getting into too much trouble. Thanks for any help Pamela

Indiana
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Monterey/Carmel nightlife

Thanks for all the info guys!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Monterey/Carmel nightlife

The piano bar at Mission Ranch is great!

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
609 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Monterey/Carmel nightlife

You are staying in the right town! Santa Cruz is for a younger crowd but Monterey is a great central spot with LOTS to do! LOVE the Monterey Plaza Hotel!!

I say since you're staying at the far end of Cannery Row I vote to hit the nightlife there so you can walk back to the hotel! Sly McFlys, Blue Fin Billiards, Cannery Row Brewing Co., C Restaurant & Bar, etc ... all within blocks of each other. Don't expect anything wild but the area is enjoyable & fun!

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
609 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Monterey/Carmel nightlife

You are staying in the right town! Santa Cruz is for a younger crowd but Monterey is a great central spot with LOTS to do! LOVE the Monterey Plaza Hotel!!

I say since you're staying at the far end of Cannery Row I vote to hit the nightlife there so you can walk back to the hotel! Sly McFlys, Blue Fin Billiards, Cannery Row Brewing Co., C Restaurant & Bar, etc ... all within blocks of each other. Don't expect anything wild but the area is enjoyable & fun!

Edited: 26 April 2014, 05:48
15. Re: Monterey/Carmel nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 05:16