We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with itinerary

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Please help with itinerary

Everyone on here always seems so helpful so I am hoping someone can help me figure out the best way to plan our days in Monterey/Carmel to get the most in since I am not familiar with the locations and drive times. We will be there from Friday, June 13th in the afternoon until Wednesday, June 18th early morning. The things I want to book that have specific times are:

Beach bonfire - already booked for Friday at 8:00 PM in Carmel

Wine trolley tour - can be any day from 11-4 (Unless someone can recommend a better way to do a wine tour)

Carmel food tour - has to be either Saturday or Sunday from 11-2

Elkhorn Slough safari tour - has to be Sunday or Monday from 9:15 - 11:00

Bella sailing - can be any day except Friday but can't do the same day as the wine trolley

I also want to make sure I see the other areas that are a must see - like Point Lobos, Bixby Bridge or anything else that it is recommended by people on here.

I just feel like it's a lot to do but I don't want to miss out!

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

Sacramento
Level Contributor
245 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with itinerary

Hi Kelly,

If it were me, I'd probably do something like the following:

Saturday - food tour in the morning, afternoon to wander around town

Sunday - safari in the morning, sailing in the afternoon

Monday - wine tour. I'd do this during the week rather than the weekend, since the wineries will be less crowded and you'll get more attention than fighting your way to the tasting bar through a crowd of people

Tuesday - drive to Point Lobos and hike around for a while, then on to Bixby Bridge and then to Big Sur to Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park. You don't have to spend much time there if you already spent a lot of time at Point Lobos, but once you're as far as Bixby Bridge, then it's worth it to see the waterfall onto the beach.

Monday and Tuesday are interchangeable, so if you think there's a chance you might be hungover after the wine tasting, you might want to swap them. :)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with itinerary

Thanks so much!

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with itinerary

You have alot of tours and planned activities scheduled which will allow you to experience different things but try to also leave some "downtime" for just relaxing. Carmel has a beautiful beach at the end of Ocean Ave. It's fun to stroll through the art galleries and shops at a leisurely pace also. Casanova or Portabella are great choices for meals in Carmel. Have fun! :)

Edited: 05 June 2014, 15:49
4. Re: Please help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:17