Having some trouble figuring out best place(s) to stay after leaving SF in order to accomplish the following with my 11 year old daughter.
Leaving SF with rental car Tuesday July 8 at 10 am and need to spend night of Friday July 11 in Anaheim to get early start at DL Saturday am.
We are booked in Monterey at Casa Munras the night of the 8th and in San Luis Obispo the night of the 10th. Where should we be on the night in between on the 9th? I don't mind moving hotels.
We would like to see/do:
1. Santa Cuz - Henry Cowell for redwoods, possibly quick stop to see beach boardwalk
2. Would like to do boat ride on Elkhorn Slough -Safari not running the 8th but the Whisper is available on the 8th and 9th at 8am, 11am and 2 pm. Heard you see more animals in the morning so not sure when to do this. Is it feasible to head back up to Moss Landing from Monterey even though I'm eventually heading South?
3. Monterey Aquarium
4. Point Lobos State Reserve
5. Carmel Village/Point pinos Lighthouse
6. Big Sur PCH drive
7. Bixby Bridge
8. Waterfall trail Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
9. Stop at Nepenthe
10. Elephant seal rookery
Not sure about Hearst Castle
Would like to get quick peek at Santa Barbara and Solvang on the way from SLO to Anaheim.
What do you think is the best way to approach this? 2 nights in Monterey? 1 night in Monterey and one somewhere in between before SLO?
Thanks in advance for any advice.