We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A big Baltimore Thank you... to all of you who have contribu

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
128 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
A big Baltimore Thank you... to all of you who have contribu

Greetings, to all of you. I have posted a few questions in the past few weeks, about my upcoming trip to see my Marine son who is a student at DLI. I never thought I would be going to California, until he went there. I'm not a "world traveler" by any means -- I've just been to places on the East Coast by driving. I haven't driven since 1990, and as I've mentioned, I'm not a very brave driver. I drive locally here where I live in Baltimore County, but avoid the major highways/beltway, etc. I have broached quite a few questions to this Forum, and I have received sooo many replies, both on the forum, and from private communication to/from many of you. I will be leaving this Thursday morning, 7:00 Eastern time, and arriving in San Jose about 11:30 a.m. your time. I'm sooo excited .. still very nervous bout the drive from the airport to my rental house across from Cannery Row, and nervous about driving to all of the places I want to take my son and my daughter to, but I thank all of you, for giving me encouragement to rent a vehicle, and to try new things. I'm very excited yet nervous, but wanted to take a moment to tell you that I am impressed with how proud you are of your area of this country - and how I appreciate your willingness and helpfulness to assist me in my inquiries. If any of you come to the Baltimore area .. please contact me .. I can tell you lots of fun,interesting places in/around Baltimore, and would love to meet some of you in person at some time, either while in Monterey or here in Baltimore. Take care. and wish me lots and lots of luck and safety. Group hug/

Level Contributor
36,689 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A big Baltimore Thank you... to all of you who have contribu

You will love Monterey! We were there with our kids and grandchildren last weekend to go to the aquarium. We had so much fun and made some special memories. Thank you for your post and enjoy the beautiful CA coast! :).

Edited: 30 June 2014, 15:44
Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,921 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A big Baltimore Thank you... to all of you who have contribu

syrahgirl is sooo right! You will LOVE Monterey. And Carmel. And Pacific Grove.

Have a safe and wonderful visit to California.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,383 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A big Baltimore Thank you... to all of you who have contribu

Have a wonderful time with your kids!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,936 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A big Baltimore Thank you... to all of you who have contribu

I am writing from my hotel room in Monterey right now. :p I remember talking to you I think. You will love it. It has been on and off fog though but it's part of the charm.

My husband did his masters at UMBC and lived in Catonsville so I know you neck of the wood. So you never drove the beltway much eh? You can do it. : )

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A big Baltimore Thank you... to all of you who have contribu

I'm heading to Monterey Thursday myself to get out of the heat here. Enjoy your time. You won't want to leave!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,921 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A big Baltimore Thank you... to all of you who have contribu

I just wanna go! It's been too long and I don't really live that far away. it just hasn't been in the cards lately. <sigh>

7. Re: A big Baltimore Thank you... to all of you who have contribu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 06:16