We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in the Morro Bay area - where to stay?

England
6 posts
Save Topic
Two days in the Morro Bay area - where to stay?

I have had some great help in planning my visit to Monterey area via this website forum. And now need some help in Morro Bay!

We plan to drive down from Monterey and stay two nights in the Morro Bay area, stopping at Hearst castle at some point, before travelling inland.

I only chose Morro Bay because its in a Beach Boys song and I am finding it really difficult to find a B&B or hotel as the reviews seem confusing and none stand out as being the place to stay.

We would like to be near the Ocean or with a good view, clean and friendly in the general area. Our trip is in May.

Can anyone help with some suggestions?

Many thanks.

Uk

San Luis Obispo, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Two days in the Morro Bay area - where to stay?

I'm not sure when you are visiting our lovely Central Coast, but I noticed you mentioned you had made reservations in Cambria. Depending on where you are staying, you might be on the hill side or ocean side of the highway. However, I don't know of any hotels or B&Bs overlooking the ocean in Cambria. There are numerous at Moonstone Beach, is that were you booked your rooms?

Also, I read that someone mentioned Papillon Restaurant in Los Osos as a "must try." They have actually left Los Osos/Baywood and have moved to The Cass House in Cayucos (www.casshouseinn.com). The Inn is a FABULOUS B&B - took over 10 years to renovate; grounds are beautiful! I believe the restaurant will be open mid May (breakfast is already being served). Cayucos is a very California Beach Town. You might enjoy this area more than Cambria. Also, in Cayucos you are within 100 yards of the ocean. Weather is usually very good since this is a south facing beach. Cambria can be quite cloudy and chilly - or hot. You can't count on the weather in Cambria.

If you want a California Beach experience, Cayucos would be a better choice. Also, if you have time, drive down to Los Osos and walk along the ocean cliffs at Montana de Oro - absolutely breathtaking!

Level Contributor
36,976 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Two days in the Morro Bay area - where to stay?

I hope you enjoy your stay in Cambria, if you like seafood, ehck out the Sea Chest on Moonstone Beach Drive for dinner, no reservations or credit cards here, tho. The Sow's Ear Cafe is also very good for dinner, they offer Early Bird Specials that are very reasonable priced. www.centralcoast.com is a nice website to acquaint you with the area. :)

13. Re: Two days in the Morro Bay area - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 18:16