We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf, and sightseeing in Morro Bay?

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Golf, and sightseeing in Morro Bay?

My wife and I are planning our stay possibly at the Bay View Inn in Morro Bay. Any negatives on that? Also I am planning on playing golf somewhere closeby. Any suggestions? Also We are use to spicy Cajun food, what are the suggestions? Dont have but a couple of days but plan on enjoying every minute. Here in Southeast Texas we are still reeling from the Hurricane. I need some rest. My fingers are still vibrating from the last two months of Chainsawing.

Thanks

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf, and sightseeing in Morro Bay?

Before you ask us, have you looked up the negatives on the reviews here on trip advisor for Bay View Inn? It is not good. I have never stayed there, but it is an older motel. If you can afford it I would suggest Blue Sail Inn or even our more famous Inn at Morro Bay.

As far as golfing goes, we have splendid golf courses here. I would suggest calling or writing the San Luis Obispo Visitors and Conference bureau and ask them for their famous golf brochure about all the local courses. It is really quite a wonderful brochure with maps and descriptions and everything.

Otherwise, my fathers favorite course was always the Morro Bay Golf Course on a side of a hill overlooking Morro Bay in the Morro Bay state park. Often deer and quail and wild turkeys scurry by since they live there.

Let's see. Spicy food. Our restaurants are very much fish and chips places since we are a fishing village. We have some excellent steak houses like Madonna Inn and McClintocks and Jocko's. And good Chinese, Thai, Japenese. And of course lots of Mexican restaurants.

I persoanlly recommend Dorn's - an American restaurant overlooking the Rock with excellent clam chowder, or Windows on the Water for a fine dining experience. Also, Hoppe's in Cayucos for fabulous french/american food.

We also have an abundance of barbeque places - my personal fav is Mo's in San Luis Obispo.

For fun plan to see the Elephant Seals just north of the Hearst Castle, see the Castle of course, see the Monarch Butterflies - it's mating season now, go kayaking in the bay and take a docent led free nature walk.

I hope you have the relaxing time you are looking for. Those of us who live here moved here for the beauty and low-key atmosphere and so I think you will find it!

2. Re: Golf, and sightseeing in Morro Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2009, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Morro Bay