We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Mt Shasta

Which Mount Shasta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Mt Shasta

Dear all,

please help as we are a family from the UK visiting the West Coast for the 1st time in need of some advice.

We are leaving Lake Tahoe on Sat 8th August and need to be at Crater Lake the following day. Where should we stay en route?

Is Mt Shasta a good place to stay of would anybody have any alternative suggestions? I'm thinking about the Lassen area as we will be driving through that area.

If we stay in Mt Shasta then which hotels are a good option? The Best Western has caught my eye simply because it has a pool for my 2 kids!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

Sean

Maple Valley...
Level Contributor
540 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Mt Shasta

Sean,

We stayed at the Best Western one night on the way to Napa last year and thought it was nice. The room was clean and comfortable, had a microwave and fridge, and a view of Mt Shasta. Breakfast is included and we thought it was good. We did not use the pool, so I can't comment on it. We did eat dinner at the attached restaurant, and the food was good. There is also nice little bar on the premises, which allows you to take your drinks back to the room. There is also a grocery store just across the street that you can walk to. We would definitely stay there again, in fact, we are planning on staying there again this summer on our way to Napa. Have a great trip!

2. Re: Where to stay in Mt Shasta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 18:18