We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Weed and Mt. Shasta---I hope!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
To Weed and Mt. Shasta---I hope!

Looks like I will finally get up there the last weekend of October, Friday for business and the weekend for me :)

I presume it will have cooled off quite a bit by then, will the color be gone already? Am hoping to stay in Mt. Shatsa City as I'm headed for the college in Weed.

Being the long-drive nut that I am, I can't help noticing that the coastal redwoods are up that way, albiet a bit of a drive. Is it feasilbe (good weather, of course) to head there via Medford both ways for the day? Yes, I know it's a long drive, but I am used to that on vacation and don't mind, though gas prices may make me abandon that :( I'd love to go down via Redding across the scenic route, but that would probably take too long...

Any advice greatly appreciated. Also, hope to ride if I can at the local stables---any comments or opinions?

Thanks.

Sac, CA
Level Contributor
290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: To Weed and Mt. Shasta---I hope!

I'm glad you liked the area. It is beautiful up there and I miss it but I visit quite often so I still get to enjoy it. Thanks for reporting back!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: To Weed and Mt. Shasta---I hope!

I have reviewed the Black Bear Diner, KenZen and the Dream Inn, all in Mt. Shasta. Great places!

Level Contributor
35,724 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: To Weed and Mt. Shasta---I hope!

Kittygal, we also really like Lily's in Mt. Shasta. We've had a few great meals there, usually in the summer months. We like to sit in front on the small patio area, but the inside dining room has lots of charm and great food! :)