We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars, etc

Which Mount Shasta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading
Level Contributor
7 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Bars, etc

Hi

We're visiting Mt Shasta from the UK in a couple of weeks and would be interested to know of any good(ish) bars and restaurants in the area.

Cheers!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars, etc

Restaurants:

Mt. Shasta is a small mountain town. In recent years the dining has improved. My fave is Lily’s which is on Mt. Shasta Blvd which is the first exit into the town. Here’s a link to the menu:

http://www.lilysrestaurant.com/

The Skillet – Mostly Mexican food but traditional breakfast.

Black Bear Diner – This is on Lake Street which is the second exit for Mt. Shasta. This place serves up large portions of American diner food. Milk shakes and burgers are good. I ordered chicken and I would say it was poor. Everyone else at the table enjoyed their meals. On the way to the bathroom the walls are lined with high school team pictures. Our kids loved howling at the pix of dad there.

Trinity Café – very good food

http://www.trinitycafe.net/

Long time restaurant which serves up Italian food in really large portions which are good is Piemont. Mike and Tony’s has been around forever also but has changed hands and a lot of people are not happy with the result.

KenZen on Mt Shasta Blvd for sushi

Bad meals were had at the Mt Shasta Resort – really bad.

Bars:

There is a place at the corner of Mt Shasta Blvd that has changed hands over the years – a long time ago it was a burger ice cream place. When we were there last weekend it was hopping with peeps called Billy Goat Tavern.

ratebeer.com/Place/…5584.htm

There are a couple of dive style bars on Mt. Shasta Blvd and occasionally they have live music. They are not hard to find as you stroll along the short street.

Reading
Level Contributor
7 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars, etc

Many thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to our trip and I hope the locals are all as helpful as you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
595 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars, etc

Hi

We're from the Uk and have just come back from a trip travelling Northern California, Oregon and Washington. We stayed 2 nights in Mount Shasta - it is a lovely place. I agree with Suzie-Travels - we ate at Lilys and it was lovely - excellent food and really friendly service.

Level Contributor
34,499 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars, etc

Here's another vote for Lily's. We enjoyed a very nice dinner there out on the front patio. Friendly service, very good food and a very nice selection of items on their menu. :)

Reading
Level Contributor
7 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars, etc

Enjoyed my couple of nights in Mount Shasta but didn't make it to Lily's. The whole of downtown was full of nicely polished cars but I take it that's not always the case! Found a dive bar that claimed to be the oldest in the place and also hung out a bit at a sports bar called the 'dugout' right across from the Tree House where we had a nice stay.

Great view of the mountain and I should imagine that the locals wouldn't like to see it return to life in the near future. Also heard plenty of tales about aliens, Lamarians and the like. All very interesting.

6. Re: Bars, etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 16:18