We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel room for 3 friends

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel room for 3 friends

Two of my friends and I are going to Napa Valley for a short weekend trip and would like to all stay in the same room, rather than getting two. Does anyone have suggestions of someplace that can accompany this other than the large chains (i.e., Marriott, Best Western, Hilton), or are were stuck with someplace like that?

I've previously stayed in bed & breakfasts while visiting the area and would much prefer something more along those lines, but most of them are (obviously) geared for 2 people to a room. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
chicago, IL
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel room for 3 friends

My wife and I just returned from Napa and stayed at Dr Wilkinson's resort in Calistoga. Our room had two nice queen beds (I'm assuming 2 of you wont mind sharing a bed), separate bath area from the sink/make-up area, and a mini frig. Very nice property with heated pools indoor and outdoor and an awesome spa w/ mudbaths if your into that kind of thing. Great location-you can walk to most restaurants/bars/shopping.

Mentioned in this post
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel room for 3 friends

TXIslandBride-

Some B&Bs do have connecting rooms, or two room suites. You're right, though-- almost all of the rooms are designed for couples.

Doc Wilkinson's is a local's favorite (esp for their day spa/mud baths), but it's much more like a motel than a B&B, so it's best if you read the TA reviews on this property to see if it's a good fit for you:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32143-d76279-R…

Is it that you want to all be in the same large room? Or would connecting rooms work? All of our rooms over here are separate, but we do know of other Inns that might have something for you-- just let us know, and we'll be happy to check around for you. :)

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Napa Valley, CA
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel room for 3 friends

I suggest the Embassy Suites in Napa! They have a lovely suite room with a bedroom and then a nice bed in the living room/kitchen area. We live here and I always put family and friends visiting there.

Have fun in our beautiful valley :)

JJ

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel room for 3 friends

Thanks for the suggestions. Adjoining rooms at a B&B/inn would be perfect, if anyone has suggestions, but 2 queen beds in a room would work, too. I appreciate all your help so far!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
172 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel room for 3 friends

We're staying at the River Terrace Inn which gets good reviews on here. It's very reasonably priced, too!

6. Re: hotel room for 3 friends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 00:18