We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Try the Rutherford Grill

T&L
Metamora, IL
Level Contributor
160 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Try the Rutherford Grill

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay in Napa, and I just wanted to post a quick message regarding the Rutherford Grill. We ended up eating there for dinner both nights we were in Napa, and we found the service and the food to be outstanding, and the prices fairly reasonable. Their oreo cookie dessert was AMAZING, and their queso dip (which isn't on the menu and they only have it on certain nights) was out of this world!! don't forget to take in a bottle of your favorite wine......there's no corkage fee!! Enjoy!!

Level Contributor
35,461 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Try the Rutherford Grill

Thanks for the info, sounds like a great place. It's a place that doesn't get mentioned too often on this site. :)

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Try the Rutherford Grill

Glad you discovered the Rutherford Grill--it's really one of the restaurant treasures of the Napa Valley! Very friendly, casual spot and a favorite of those in the wine business. Excellent food and service! It's our normal lunch place when we go to the no. half of the Napa Valley, and we've introduced a number of friends from Sonoma Co. to it--and now they're hooked too!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Try the Rutherford Grill

We are planning on having lunch there. Do you know how far in advance they take reservations?

T&L
Metamora, IL
Level Contributor
160 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Try the Rutherford Grill

I'm not even sure they take reservations. I believe it is first come, first serve. My husband and I arrived between 5:30-6:00 for dinner each night and waited only about 20 minutes for a table. By the time we left, it was quite busy, and I'm sure there was at least an hour wait, but they do have a bar (both inside and outside). I'm guessing if you arrive by 11:30, you won't have any problem getting a table.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Try the Rutherford Grill

kellianne17-

Rutherford Grille now takes a *limited* (small) number of reservations. So do call in advance, to see if you can have them set aside a table for you.

Otherwise, as has been mentioned, the earlier you arrive, the less you'll have to wait! :)

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

6. Re: Try the Rutherford Grill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Napa