We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery Opinion

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Winery Opinion

Hi All,

Has anyone been to any of these wineries? What were your experiences? Suggestions? Should I skip any?

Robert Sinskey

Miner Family

Benessere

Schramsberg

Alameda, ca
Level Contributor
240 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winery Opinion

I've been to Schramsberg, and it was a nice experience. I haven't been to the others, but goodness great wines.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winery Opinion

sship-

Have you tried the TA forums search function?

Lots of trip reports that include detailed reports/feedback on tastings from at least 3 of the above 4 wineries.

Just use the winery as a keyword (e.g., "Sinskey"). You'll get lots of opinions. :)

Hope this helps. :)

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Winery Opinion

Hey there,

The only winery I am familiar with on your list is Schramsberg. I attended their tour and tasting last year. I liked it SOOO much that I am bringing friends up to Napa this year and go on the tour/tasting again. It was great, very educational, awesome venue(tour is through their caves, even the tasting is done in the caves). Their specialty is sparkling wines, and they are very good. The tasting also includes a couple red wines, which were ok. Make sure to make reservations in advance. Gotta check it out.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winery Opinion

Two years ago we took the Schramsberg cave tour, and loved the tour and the sparkling wines (and their Reserve Cab!)

We also stopped at Miner family and tasted the best Chardonnay I had in Napa. They are very highly regarded... and the pourer was very friendly and interesting.

I have no experience with the other two.

napa, ca
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Winery Opinion

I recommend Schramsberg and Miner of the 4 you asked about. I think you can pop-in at Miner, but make sure to make an appointment ahead of time at Schrams. It's beautiful.

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Winery Opinion

My wife and I did the 11 AM tour and chees/wine tasting at Sinksky. The tour was short and informative. We had a variety of wines with cheeses and snacks. They even cooked up a small gourmet pizza. I enjoyed their pinot and their blends.

new york
Level Contributor
380 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Winery Opinion

Just got back from napa and tasting at benessere. The wines are italian style. Wines were good - tasting nothing special except for the huge black dog lying in the middle of the tasting area.

8. Re: Winery Opinion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 16:19