We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overpriced Tourist Trap, stay away from Gillwoods

Napa
1 post
Save Topic
Overpriced Tourist Trap, stay away from Gillwoods

OMG!I just had a horrible experience at this place. The food was way overpriced. Eleven plus dollars for a cheese burger? Yes, unfortunatly I was the latest victim in this restaurant. I dont mind paying top dollar for something that is absolutly fantastic. But the mediocre meal I was just served had absolutly no value when compared to the money I spent. This unpleasant meal would be best compared to something one purchased from a roadside diner. Dry meat and a stale house made bun. Wow. And the fries were cold to boot. The service was just ok. I dont think any of the bussers can understand english. It took my busser two times to get my drink order right. And I ordered an Ice tea. I got some hot tea at first. My experience here was not the best. Dont go to the mens room either. A most unpleasant smell awaits you. I hope the kitchen is cleaner than the buss areas- dirty plates and food scraps on the floor. The place didnt seem that busy, but it was definatly not clean. All in all for the money what a complete diapointment. Go to anywhere else but here.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overpriced Tourist Trap, stay away from Gillwoods

So; Why didn't you send your burger back when you found out its lack of quality, and why didn't you complain to management about the men's room? After all, if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Chuck...

Napa Valley
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overpriced Tourist Trap, stay away from Gillwoods

I have worked in downtown Napa and I've always had good food at that Gillwoods. I've only been to the St Helena Gillwoods once for breakfast and it was excellent. Good service and great pancakes. Yes, it's a bit pricy for breakfast and lunch but everything in downtown Napa and St Helena is. I've always spent about $15.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overpriced Tourist Trap, stay away from Gillwoods

When I saw the subject line, I knew it was by a first-time poster.

Typical anon character assassination. I have no idea why TA allows these types of posts.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Overpriced Tourist Trap, stay away from Gillwoods

pray tell!!! just what is your criteria for first time posters to your forum. oh, wait a minute... this is TRIP ADVISER'S forum.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overpriced Tourist Trap, stay away from Gillwoods

Actually, it's Trip Advisor's forum.

POINTLOMAN, if you take the time to open the various "stay away from..." posts, you'll note a pattern: they almost always come from a first time poster. And, the posts are predictable...over the top negatives (almost always of restaurants, even though this isn't a restaurant review site) that focus on poor service and lack of cleanliness.

Obviously, it's a disgruntled former employee or a competitor trying to trash the competition.

6. Re: Overpriced Tourist Trap, stay away from Gillwoods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 09:17