We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa Valley Lode or Yountville Inn

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Level Contributor
533 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Napa Valley Lode or Yountville Inn

We are coming to Napa in June and I got the same rate for both places and can't decide...any thoughts??

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,851 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa Valley Lode or Yountville Inn

In Napa Co. we've only stayed at the Yountville Inn, but I would pick it again. We had a large patio room with fireplace, that was private, and faced a little creek at the back (many of the rooms do) and the vineyards behind. They serve breakfast, have a nice pool, and are in walking distance to many good restauants. The freeway is across the street, but you couldn't hear it in the rooms by the stream.

We found it a charming respite.

Level Contributor
35,022 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa Valley Lode or Yountville Inn

We have stayed a couple of times at the Yountville Inn, we like the rooms with the doors that open out to Hopper Creek. Our room was spacious, bathrooms were very nicely appointed and there is a great buffet breakfast in the morning. They also have a nice swimming pool and jacuzzi here.

Last March we decided to try the Villagio Inn & Spa, it was amazing, a little bit more pricey than the Yountville Inn and very much worth it! Enjoy Yountville and let me know if you would like recs on great places to eat in the area. Have a great trip! :)

nj
Level Contributor
533 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napa Valley Lode or Yountville Inn

The Villagio wants more than double of what the Yountville and Napa lodge want....has anyone stayed at the Napa Valley Lodge??

California
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Napa Valley Lode or Yountville Inn

I've stayed at the Napa Valley Lodge and found it quite lovely. I had a room with a fireplace (but I understand not all rooms do.) The breakfast that was included was a European style with sliced meats, egg salad, plenty of fresh breads and croissants, etc. I found the staff to be attentive and very gracious. It's at the upper end of Yountville but is still walking distance to all restaurants, shopping, etc.

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Napa Valley Lode or Yountville Inn

I have stayed in both places within the past 2-3 years.

They are both very nice. The Yountville Inn rooms were a little bigger and newer looking. We stayed along the creek and did not hear any highway noise. They have no exercise room and no guest computer.You can give them the wines you purchased and will arrange for them to be shipped home.The Napa Valley Lodge rooms were also nice but I could hear the highway noise a little. They have a computer in their lobby for guest use and I think a small exercise room. I thought that their bathrooms were a little small and older looking compared to the Yountville Inn. They are comparable location wise, with the Napa Valley Lodge at the north end of town and the Yountville Inn at the southern end. My choice would be the Yountville Inn because of the nicer rooms and its a little closer to the shops and restaurants.

nj
Level Contributor
533 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Napa Valley Lode or Yountville Inn

Thanks for your help!

7. Re: Napa Valley Lode or Yountville Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 10:19