We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Wineries/Vineyards to visit in Napa...

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, AZ
7 posts
Save Topic
Which Wineries/Vineyards to visit in Napa...

We are going to Napa for our one year anniversary and we have no idea what wineries/vineyards we should visit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Wineries/Vineyards to visit in Napa...

Taylor-

This is by far the most popular question posed on the Napa boards-- it's asked, on average, about 4-6 times each week (!).

Using the search function, I dug up a few recent threads on this (there are more than 30). Here is the thread where I post the other threads:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic -g32766-i258-k253932-First_timer_want_to_do_one_tour_and_couple_of_tastings_help_me_-l1464691-Napa_California.html#1464691

Just copy and paste the above url into your browser, and delete the space after "ShowTopic"

I'm not sure if you've spent a few hours reading past posts yet or not-- there is a *huge* amount of great info here. Lots and lots of opinions and reports.

I've included the above thread because it leads you to several other threads on which wineries to go to. I figure this is going to be much more informative that just giving you *my* opinion, because these threads have input from a variety of posters-- and all of the info is excellent.

There are many, many more threads on this. Just use the search function and type in "best wineries"-- you'll get dozens of great posts!

Hope this helps. :)

-Russ Herschelmann

Innkeeper

Napa Old World Inn

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Wineries/Vineyards to visit in Napa...

Sterling Vineyards in Calistoga is fantastic. Speaking as someone who visits Napa 3-4 times a year, that's my favorite.

Have fun!-

Kayt

Napa Valley...
Level Contributor
351 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Wineries/Vineyards to visit in Napa...

Definitely Hagafen on Silverado Trail just north of Napa.

For the views (not for the wines) go to Sterling Vineyards.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
28 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Wineries/Vineyards to visit in Napa...

My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary there last year and had a wonderful time. Our favorite wineries were Cakebread and Frog's Leap.

Hope you have a fantastic time!