We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day itenerary in Napa Valley

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
One day itenerary in Napa Valley

After doing research and reading posts I think I have settled on an itenerary for one day in Napa. Visit Vincent Arroyo at 10:00. Then travel along the Silverado Trail and visit Sterling vineyards by 12:30 (in order to use the 2 for 1 coupon for the tram ride). Then drive on to V. Sattui for lunch. After that visit Beringer for a tour at either 3:30 or 4:00. End the day with a couples massage in Calistoga. Do you think that this is a reasonable plan or would we be rushing too much?

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day itenerary in Napa Valley

bklyn-

It all depends on whether you are talkers/socializers or what the wineries call "taste-and-runs". It's a matter of personal style and preference. I'm a big talker (go figure!)-- so we spend upwards of an hour or more at each winery talking to staff, owners, and winemakers. Other folks are happier if they come in, taste a few wines, and move on to the next place.

Your schedule is doable-- but I would caution you on Sterling and V. Sattui on weekends-- there may be long lines during harvest season.

Also, have the innkeeper where you are staying draw you a map showing where the bad traffic will be-- this can save you hours of wasted time!

Enjoy your stay in this magical place.

-Russ Herschelmann

Innkeeper

Napa Old World Inn

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day itenerary in Napa Valley

Russ-

Thanks for the response. I guess I should have mentioned that we will be traveling midweek during the week of Nov. 7th And since I am probably what you would call a "taste-and-run" person (figure maximum stay to be about 1 hour) it appears that our plan is feasible. Perhaps as I learn more about wine I will spend more time at the smaller wineries.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,177 posts
5,167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day itenerary in Napa Valley

Your plan is feasible...I'd probably opt for the 4:00 Beringer tou, just because Sterling can be a bit of a mystery "slow" even on some good days. I think if you book 4:00, you'll be fine. The couples massage in Calistogo is nice (you'll be a bit tired after) so you might want to think about having dinner in Calistoga. We've enjoyed Brannan's Bar and Grill in the past.

Just a suggestion.....Enjoy your trip!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day itenerary in Napa Valley

Thanks Mini. I was checking out some of the restaurants in Calistoga and was considering Brannan's Bar and Grill. However it seems to be a bit more expensive than others. We are considering the Calistoga Inn or the FlatIron Grill. We are open to any other suggestions as well, thanks.

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day itenerary in Napa Valley

I would suggest at least one meal at Wappo Bar & Bistro in Calistoga. Cheers! :)

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day itenerary in Napa Valley

I agree with Syrahgirl. We had lunch at Wappo Bar last week and it was great. Lovely patio setting and delicous food. I was in a party of 14 and everyone's meal was beautifully and prepared and very tasty!

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One day itenerary in Napa Valley

Linlo or anyone else...how is STOMP? The place in the Mt. View Hotel that replaced Catahoula,which we loved. :)

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One day itenerary in Napa Valley

Sorry, Syrah, I did a little research on Stomp before we went to Calisotga (with good reviews), but we were only there for one meal and opted for Wappo. I would be interested in hearing a report for my next visit, though.